Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Asset-based lending
- Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency
- Capital markets
- Life sciences and pharmaceuticals
- Mergers and acquisitions
- Private equity and venture capital
- Real estate
Torsten Sauer is a corporate and M&A lawyer based in Luxembourg. He has a wealth of experience of advising clients (mainly listed multinationals, asset managers, HNWIs, insurance/reinsurance undertakings, pension plans and pharmaceutical companies) on corporate law and governance matters, public and private M&A (including joint ventures, reorganisations and re-financings of groups of companies), private equity and structuring of corporate finance transactions.
Torsten is also regularly involved in complex real estate and capital market transactions, with a strong focus on the German market and the DACH-region. Prior to joining the firm, Torsten worked for leading international law firms in Paris, New York and Luxembourg.
He is a standing member of the New York, Paris and Luxembourg bars and is fully proficient in English, French and German.
Torsten obtained law degrees from the universities of Saarbrücken (Diplom-Jurist), Panthéon-Assas (Maîtrise) and Cornell (LLM) and is a graduate of HEC School of Management (Paris) and ESCP Europe. Torsten holds a certificate in private international law from the Hague Academy of International Law.
- Attorney at law New York
- Avocat à la Cour Luxembourg
- Avocat au barreau de Paris
- Co-author with Mathis Bredimus, Fiduciary duties of Luxembourg company directors during an acquisition process, RPDA, 2021/10
- Co-author with Manfred Dietrich, Luxembourg Chapter of Governance, Legal Guidelines for International Management, Palgrave Macmillan, 2012
- Co-author with Manfred Dietrich, Luxembourg Chapter of Governance International: Rechtsleitfaden für die Management-Praxis, Schäffer-Pöschel, 2011
- The geographical optimisation of cross-border LBOs: a comparative legal and financial study of the French, German and Luxembourg systems, Les Echos de la Recherche, ESCP-EAP Paris, 2007
Norton Rose Fulbright berät Real I.S. bei Verkauf einer an Kühne + Nagel vermieteten Logistikimmobilie in Bielefeld
February 22, 2022
December 06, 2021
Norton Rose Fulbright berät Generali bei Verkauf des Arnulfbogens in München an Immobilienfonds der Bayerischen Versorgungskammer
October 19, 2021
Publication | February 23, 2022
Luxembourg companies can hold their meetings remotely and their boards can act by way of written resolutions
Publication | January 21, 2022
Publication | April 09, 2021
Luxembourg companies can hold their meetings remotely and their boards can act by way of written resolutions until June 30, 2021
Publication | December 07, 2020