Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Sean Wallace practises corporate and commercial law, with a focus on energy and natural resources. He has assisted clients on a broad range of matters, including share purchase transactions, asset acquisitions and divestitures, and general corporate matters. His experience includes drafting and analyzing corporate and transactional agreements, preparing research memoranda, and conducting due diligence.
Mr. Wallace joined our Calgary office as an associate in 2017, having previously worked at a top regional firm and a large Canadian pipeline company.
- Alberta 2016
Mr. Wallace has acted for the following clients:
- Wolf Midstream Inc. in connection with an agreement with MEG Energy Corp (MEG) to acquire MEG's 50% ownership interest in Access Pipeline and a 100% ownership interest in the Stonefell Terminal for C$1.52 billion, including capital commitments of approximately C$90 million
- Mocal Energy Limited, a wholly owned subsidiary of JX Nippon Oil & Gas Exploration Corporation, on its strategic disposition of a 5% interest in the Syncrude Oilsands Project to Suncor Energy Ventures Partnership for a purchase price of US$730 million
- Paramount Resources on its purchase of Apache Canada, a wholly owned subsidiary of US public company Apache, for approximately C$460 million. The acquisition added significant reserves, production and landholdings within Alberta and British Columbia to Paramount's portfolio
- Dean's List, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, 2013
- First Class Standing, University of Alberta Faculty of Law, 2013, 2015
- Merv Leitch QC Prize in Constitutional Law, 2013
- The Honourable C.D. O'Brien Scholarship, 2015
- Canadian Bar Association
- Calgary Bar Association