Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Mike George regularly advises London market and foreign insurers and reinsurers on high-value insurance and reinsurance disputes. His focus in recent years has been on advising clients in respect of Financial Institutions and Political Risk claims. His cases typically involve advising on complex coverage issues.
He is also experienced in advising clients involved in general commercial litigation and arbitration proceedings. Mike speaks Spanish and has considerable experience working on matters arising out of foreign jurisdictions.
- 2009 - College of Law, London, LPC
- 2006 - University of Liverpool, LLB
- England and Wales
- Acted for reinsurers in a number of arbitrations defending claims relating to long-tail liabilities.
- Acted for an oil company in an arbitration relating to claims arising out of the expropriation of parts of the oil and gas industry in Venezuela.
- Acted for an insured seeking to recover under a DSU policy in respect of the construction of an oil pipeline in South America.
- Acted for an oil company defending claims in the High Court brought by shipowners in respect of unpaid hire.
- "D&O insurers could be hit by ISDAfix scandal," Insurance Day, August 14, 2014
- Co-author, "The ISDAfix scandal: injured investors," International Financial Law Review, June 13, 2014