Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Andrew Williams is a banking and finance lawyer based in London. He focuses on corporate finance and asset finance in a broad range of sectors, including: aviation; rail; and offshore oil and gas, with a particular focus on the shipping industry.
Before joining the firm, Andy worked at a magic circle law firm in London for nearly ten years, where he gained extensive experience of advising on a broad range of financing transactions, including: corporate finance; asset finance; debt capital markets (including securitisation); restructurings; and derivatives.
Andy has spent time on secondment at a leading Norwegian law firm and has particular experience of advising on transactions in the Nordic region.
- MA (Cantab), Downing College, University of Cambridge
- Legal Practice Course, BPP Law School
- Solicitor, qualified in England & Wales 2009
- Carnival Corporation & plc, one of the world's largest travel companies with a portfolio of nine of the world's leading cruise lines and operations in North America, Australia, Europe and Asia, on its response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including English law aspects of over US$20bn of capital markets issuances.
- Various lenders on the implementation of ECA-backed cruise debt holiday arrangements for a number of leading cruise operators in response to the COVID-19 pandemic, including Genting Hong Kong, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian Cruise Line and Lindblad Expeditions.
- ABN AMRO as ECA coordinator, Nordea as facility agent and other lenders of FLEX LNG on the US$629m Export-Import Bank of Korea (KEXIM)-supported multi-facility financing for five LNG carrier newbuildings. The transaction was awarded 2019 Export Credit Agency Deal of the Year (West) by Marine Money.
- KfW IPEX-Bank and other lenders of Genting Hong Kong on the $2.6 billion restructuring of the Genting Hong Kong Group. We advised in respect of the ECA-backed facilities for the ocean cruise vessels Global One (currently under construction) and World Dream and the river cruise vessels Crystal Bach, Crystal Mahler, Crystal Debussy and Crystal Ravel. We also advised KfW IPEX-Bank and the lenders on a new committed €313.6m post-delivery loan for Crystal Endeavor, a 200-passenger luxury polar-class expedition cruise vessel. Our work formed part of a wider holistic restructuring comprising new money facilities, German government and Federal State support for the business (which owns the German MV Werften shipyard group), debt deferrals and a suspension and re-set of financial covenants.
- Bibby Marine, owner and operator of bespoke offshore service operations vessels and 'Walk to Work' vessels, on the sale and leaseback of Bibby Wavemaster Horizon, a service operation vessel operated by Bibby Marine on long-term charter to Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, servicing the Hohe See and Albatros windfarms offshore Germany. The transaction was awarded the Editor's Choice Award for Europe at the IJGlobal Awards 2020.
- Citigroup and other lenders of Danaos on a US$2.2bn restructuring of the NYSE-listed Danaos Corporation, one of the world's largest independent owners of modern, large-size containerships. The transaction was awarded 2018 Recapitalization Deal of the Year by Marine Money.
- Macquarie Bank on a number of secured ship financing transactions, including a multi-vessel $89 million facility for the Argentinian shipping company Interocean.
- BNP Paribas, Danish Ship Finance and ING Bank on the financing to support Sole Shipping's eleven vessel sale and leaseback transaction with Navigazione Montanari.
- BNP Paribas on the post-delivery financings of a ro-ro ferry for CLdN ro-ro SA and a post-Panamax bulk carrier for CLdN Cobelfret SA.
- Smit Lamnalco, the leading provider of towage and associated marine services to the oil and gas terminal industry, on the US$450m refinancing of its term and revolving credit facilities and associated hedging arrangements.
- ING Bank and other lenders of SBM Offshore on the US$720m project financing for FPSO Liza Destiny, owned and operated by SBM Offshore in the Stabroek block, circa 200 kilometres offshore Guyana. The floating production, storage and offloading vessel is designed to produce up to 120,000 barrels of oil per day and is chartered to ExxonMobil affiliate Esso Exploration and Production Guyana Limited.
- DVB, the transportation finance division of DZ Bank AG, on: the sale of its aviation finance group to Japan's Mitsubishi UFJ Financial Group (MUFG); and the sale of its land transportation business to German public sector lender, Landesbank Hessen-Thringen Girozentrale (Helaba). The transactions were awarded 2019 M&A Deal of the Year by Airfinance Journal.
- MUFG Bank, Ltd., Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation, London Branch, Crédit Industriel et Commercial and La Banque Postale on the JOLCO financing of seven Airbus A320neo aircraft for Vueling, one of Europe's leading low-cost airlines.
- DHL, the global market leader in the logistics industry, on the financing of four Boeing 777F freighter aircraft.
- Commerzbank AG and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Bank, Limited (London Branch) on the financing of two Airbus A330-300 aircraft for Aer Lingus, a wholly owned subsidiary of International Airlines Group and the flag carrier airline of Ireland.
- Telenor, the leading Nordic telecoms company, on: the annual updates of its €10bn debt issuance programme; its issuances of SEK2.75bn floating rate notes due 2021; SEK2.5bn floating rate notes due 2024; SEK2bn 1.125 per cent notes due 2024; €1bn 0.750 percent notes due 2026; €1bn 1.125 percent notes due 2029; and €500m 1.750 percent notes due 2034.
Publication | July 20, 2021
Publication | November 09, 2020
Publication | October 16, 2019