Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Veit Sahlfeld is a banking and finance lawyer based in Hamburg.
He advises banks, insurance companies, debt funds, financial institutions, investors and sponsors on complex, multi-sourced real estate, acquisition, asset and project finance transactions, as well as related corporate and capital market solutions.
Veit has extensive experience and knowledge in the areas of real estate asset finance and advising on complex mezzanine structures. In addition, he brings commercial and legal insight to the financing of renewable energy projects, including project bonds.
He advises clients also in the field of structured finance and securitization.
Veit is an attorney at law (Rechtsanwalt) and a specialist lawyer for tax law (Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht). Before joining us, Veit worked for ten years in an international law firm.
Law - Universities of Heidelberg, Kiel, Lausanne and Passau
Master of Business Administration (MBA) - University of Wales
- Fachanwalt für Steuerrecht
- Rechtsanwalt (German qualified lawyer)
- A Luxembourg debt fund – on more than 30 different senior secured real estate finance matters, and more than 30 different real estate mezzanine finance matters, in Germany, Luxembourg and Switzerland
- Amundi Immobilier – on the re-financing of a real estate portfolio with three assets located in Hamburg; on the financing of real estate portfolios located in Frankfurt; on the acquisition financing of a shopping centre Blechen Carré; on the acquisition financing of an office building in Berlin (Zalando HQ); and the acquisition financing of Steigenberger Hotel am Kanzleramt in Berlin.
- UniCredit Bank AG – on two financings of real estate portfolios
- Israeli hotel chain Fattal Hotels Group (Leonardo Hotels) – on several separate financings of hotels located in Heidelberg, Berlin, Munich and The Netherlands; and the acquisition financing of a portfolio of 20 Hotels located in Germany.
- MOMENI – on the financing of the acquisition of a real estate asset in Berlin.
- EDGE – on the financing of a real estate asset in Hamburg.
- Richard Ditting GmbH & Co. KG – on the financing of a real estate asset in Hamburg
- VTB Bank – on the mezzanine financing of a real estate portfolio located in southern Germany.
- ECE – on the financing of a real estate.
- Deutsche Bank AG – on the financing of an office building at a German airport.
- HSBC – on the refinancing of a real estate asset.
- Bank Hapoalim – on the on several separate real estate financings matters, two located in Berlin and one in Bochum.
- Deutsche Bank – on the construction finance of a portfolio of seven solar farms in the South-West of England and Wales and the subsequent refinancing with project bonds.
- Advising a consortium of banks – concerning the financing of the "Monaco-Pipeline" owned by the transmission system operator bayernets.
- The joint lead arrangers, lenders and institutional investors – on the financing of the extension and operation of the A7 federal highway between Hamburg and Bordesholm. This was the first PPP project in the German market to be financed by project bonds with EIB project bond credit enhancements and Bank Bridge financing. It was also the first combined bank–bond financing in Europe using the EIB project bond credit enhancement.
- A credit consortium consisting of mandated lead arrangers, banks and institutional investors – on a new form of refinancing for the A8 motorway project in Germany. The refinancing was through project bonds, bank loans and a new type of credit support from the European Investment Bank (EIB). The new instrument, Senior Debt Credit Enhancement (SDCE), is provided by the EIB to strengthen the credit quality for financings of infrastructure projects in the form of a funded subordinated loan.
- A consortium around Allianz – in connection with the take-over of Tank and Rast.
- The lead arrangers and lenders – in connection with the financing of the acquisition of software company TeamViewer by PE investor Permira.
- Deutsche Bank New York – on the financing of the acquisition of the German CeramTec Group by Cinven.
- Sahlfeld, Veit/Pedak, Christian: Vermeidung der doppelten Grunderwerbsteuer beim Grunderwerb durch Immobilien-Spezial-Sondervermögen, ImmoStR, Ausgabe 2, Seiten 62–65, 2011.
April 28, 2020
November 14, 2019
October 10, 2019