Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sunny Mann's litigation practice encompasses corporate-commercial, insurance and Indigenous law matters.
Sunny regularly assists on complex disputes ranging from shareholder remedies to constitutional litigation. Sunny has successfully appeared before all levels of court in Alberta and has reported decisions from all three courts in the province. He has also appeared before the Supreme Court of Canada as counsel on a significant Indigenous law matter. As the current team lead for the Calgary office's collections group, Sunny has substantial experience in post-judgment enforcement procedures and routinely assists clients on such matters. Sunny has also represented clients in commercial arbitrations.
After graduating law school, Sunny clerked for The Honourable Madam Justice Sheilah Martin and The Honourable Mr. Justice Peter Martin at the Alberta Court of Appeal. Prior to law school, Sunny worked as a sessional instructor at Simon Fraser University, teaching Introduction to Environmental Science. While in law school, Sunny worked as a research assistant in his second year at the University of Alberta and was a Legal Research and Writing Fellow in his final year.
In addition to maintaining a busy litigation practice, Sunny also routinely volunteers as counsel with Pro Bono Law Alberta's Queen's Bench Court Assistance (QB Amicus) and Civil Claims Duty Counsel programs.
- Alberta 2018
- David Mochan Memorial Prize in Criminal Law
- Faculty of Law Undergraduate Scholarship
- Joseph Paul Brumlik Scholarship for Excellence in Advocacy
- Dean's List, 2014-2017, University of Alberta
- Undergraduate Open Scholarship, Simon Fraser University
- President's Honour Roll, Simon Fraser University
- Dean's Honour Roll, Simon Fraser University
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada: Corporate and Commercial Litigation, 2023-2024
- Law Society of Alberta