Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Sunny works primarily in the area of civil litigation, focusing on contractual disputes, corporate litigation and insurance litigation. Sunny worked as a summer student with our Calgary office in 2015. He then went on to clerk for The Honourable Madam Justice Sheilah Martin at the Alberta Court of Appeal. After Justice Martin's elevation to the Supreme Court of Canada, Sunny finished his clerkship under the Honourable Mr. Justice Peter Martin. Sunny returned to finish his articles at our Calgary office in 2018.
During his undergraduate degree in environmental chemistry, Sunny worked as a sessional instructor at Simon Fraser University, teaching Introduction to Environmental Science. While in law school, Sunny was heavily involved in the University of Alberta's mooting program, representing the school at the Gale Cup, the Davies' Corporate Securities Moot, the McIntyre Cup and the Sopinka Cup. Sunny also worked as a research assistant in his second year at the University of Alberta and was a Legal Research and Writing Fellow in his final year.
- Alberta 2018
- David Mochan Memorial Prize in Criminal Law
- Faculty of Law Undergraduate Scholarship
- Joseph Paul Brumlik Scholarship for Excellence in Advocacy
- Dean's List, 2014-2017, University of Alberta
- Undergradute Open Scholarship, Simon Fraser University
- President's Honour Roll, Simon Fraser University
- Dean's Honour Roll, Simon Fraser University
- Law Society of Alberta