Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Andrea Lejay practises in our business law group, with a focus on corporate law and securities matters. She advises public and private companies on corporate finance transactions, mergers and acquisitions, general corporate matters and securities regulatory compliance.
In corporate finance, Andrea represents companies and, as applicable, underwriters, with initial public offerings, prospectus financings, private placements and rights offerings.
For M&A, Andrea represents public acquirors and targets regarding negotiated business combinations and arrangements, as well as public and private companies in connection with acquisitions and divestitures of assets.
In the area of securities regulatory compliance, Andrea assists public issuers with continuous disclosure requirements, corporate governance, mineral disclosure compliance, exemptive relief applications and other interactions with securities regulatory authorities.
She also assists clients with negotiating ongoing commercial relationships, including through shareholder agreements and joint venture agreements.
Prior to joining us, Andrea spent several years as an associate at a leading national firm.
- British Columbia 2015
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Benevity, Inc., a software company, on its sale to private equity firm HG Capital LLP, such sale being one of the largest software transactions completed in Canada
- Columbia Power Corporation and Columbia Basin Trust in their acquisition of a 51% interest in the Waneta Expansion Hydroelectric Project from Fortis Inc. for a purchase price of approximately C$1 billion
- Vanrx Pharmasystems Inc., a producer of robotic aseptic filling machines, in connection with its sale to Cytiva (a member of the Danaher group of companies)
- Multiple mining companies in connection with the acquisition of royalties and mineral properties
- Confidential client in the sale of its business to a private equity fund
- The underwriters on the C$172-million initial public offering of subordinate voting shares of BBTV Holdings Inc., a media-tech company
- Brachium Capital Corp. in connection with its qualifying transaction with WeCommerce Holdings Ltd., such qualifying transaction being the second-largest technology qualifying transaction on the TSXV
- Ely Gold Royalties Inc., a royalty investment company, on its C$17.5-million brokered private placement of units
- Zucara Therapeutics Inc., a pharmaceutical company, on its US$21-million Series A Financing led by the Perceptive Xontogeny Venture Fund
- Advising managers of private equity funds on re-organizations, capital raises through offering memorandums and other private placements, and amendments to governing documents
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada - Corporate Law, Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Tax Law, 2024
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Ones to Watch:Labour and Employment Law, 2024