Norton Rose Fulbright LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Michael Alliston is a tax lawyer based in London. He advises on a wide range of corporate tax matters, including M&A, corporate reorganizations, capital markets transactions and financings.
Michael's practice comprises a mix of transactional and stand-alone advisory work. He assists companies across a wide variety of sectors, including energy, infrastructure, financial institutions, funds, real estate and transport.
Michael has particular experience advising M&A and tax risk underwriters.
Professional experienceExpand all Collapse all
- Solicitor qualified in England & Wales
- TortoiseEcofin - on the IPO of UK listed investment trust investing in renewable energy sustainable infrastructure assets.
- Kaefer – acquisition of John Wood Group industrial services business.
- Unily – growth investment in a provider of digital workplace platforms.
- Sonangol - on US$600m sale of shares in Puma Energy to Trafigura and its acquisition of Puma Energy's strategic assets in Angola.
- Taylor Maritime Investments Limited – on $253m IPO of UK listed shipping investment fund.
- Europa Capital - on the £1bn sale of the former Ford stamping plant in Dagenham in the UK to the Peabody Group.
- Ares Management - on its £178m debt facilities to alternative network broadband provider, Brsk.
- RiverStone International - acquisition of Endurance at Lloyd's (EAL) from Sompo International, a leading global provider of commercial and consumer property and casualty (re)insurance.
- AES - on securing its €64m credit facilities for St Nikola Wind Farm.
- Modern Times Group - on the sale of ESL Gaming, the world's largest independent esports company, to the Savvy Gaming Group (SGG) in an all-cash transaction.
Tier 3, Corporate and commercial: Corporate tax, The Legal 500, 2022
"Michael Alliston – dogged in getting to the bottom of the point. Friendly and relaxed to work with."
Tier 3, Corporate and commercial: Corporate tax, The Legal 500, 2021
"Clients praise Michael Alliston for being 'technically brilliant' with a broad transactional tax and cross-border M&A practice."
"Michael Alliston is technically brilliant and can perform thorough research and analysis at speed."
Michael is a contributing author to Lexis Nexis' Guide to FATCA and CRS Compliance.
NRF Client Briefing Sovereign immunity from direct taxation consultation on policy design
Publication | May 12, 2023
Burlington and treaty purpose tests
Publication | September 23, 2022
EC Directive proposal for a debt-equity bias reduction allowance
Publication | May 23, 2022