Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Pierre-Olivier Valiquette's practice is transaction oriented, with a particular focus on securities law and mergers and acquisitions.
He acts on behalf of various Canadian and foreign public and private companies in connection with a wide range of commercial operations, mergers and acquisitions and public and private financings. He also regularly advises a number of Canadian public companies on continuous disclosure obligations, corporate governance issues and other ongoing securities law questions.
- Quebec 2018
Mr. Valiquette has recently acted for the following clients:
Mergers & Acquisitions
Turquoise Hill Resources Ltd., owner of the Oyu Tolgoi copper and gold mine in Mongolia, on its C$4.3 billion going private acquisition by its controlling shareholder, Rio Tinto plc, by way of a Yukon plan of arrangement
- Le Club Piscine Plus Québec C.P.P.Q. Inc., Pioneer Distribution Inc. and Pool Supplies Canada Inc. in the sale of all of their issued and outstanding shares to Fulcrum Capital Partners
The shareholders of Mistplay Inc., a play-to-earn and game discovery platform for mobile games, in a transaction with GrowthCurve Capital whereby GrowthCurve has become the majority shareholder in Mistplay
BlueFocus Intelligent Communications Group, a Chinese public company, in connection with the sale of a majority stake in its international group of marketing and advertising agencies, comprised of Cossette, Eleven, Citizen Relations, We Are Social and fuseproject, to a joint venture composed of CVC Capital Partners and Caisse de dépôt et placement du Québec, and the rebranding of that group as Plus Company
- Germain Lamonde, the founder and controlling shareholder of EXFO Inc., on his C$133 million going private acquisition of EXFO Inc. by way of a plan of arrangement
- Patriot Battery Metals Inc., a hard-rock lithium exploration company, in connection with a private placement to Albemarle Corporation for total gross proceeds of approximately C$109 million
- Taiga Motors Corporation, a Canadian company reinventing the powersports landscape with breakthrough electric off-road vehicles, in connection with an extensive review of various options and alternatives by a special committee of independent members of the board of directors, culminating in the completion of a private placement of 10% secured convertible debentures maturing on March 31, 2028, in an aggregate principal amount of C$40.15 million, with the investors having been granted an option to acquire an additional C$10 million of debentures
- The agency syndicate in connection with a private offering of an aggregate principal amount of C$700 million senior unsecured notes of Dollarama Inc.
- The underwriting syndicate in various public offerings of common shares of BELLUS Health Inc. in Canada and the United States for total gross proceeds of approximately US$350 million
- Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch in Canada: Corporate Law, 2023-2024
- Young McCord Philanthropist
- Canadian Bar Association
- Young Bar Association of Montreal
September 13, 2023
April 03, 2023
December 16, 2022