Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Roger Bill is a lawyer in the business law group in our Montréal office. He specializes in corporate and commercial law as well as in environmental, energy and resources law. He also advises clients concerning their lobbying obligations.
Roger has wide-ranging experience in matters related to project development and transactions in regulated industries. In this respect, he advises on environmental law matters, including issues involving soil contamination, environmental assessment processes, permitting requirements, management and treatment of hazardous materials, and transportation of oil and gas. In the context of project development, he also advises on a range of commercial and regulatory matters for energy, cannabis, industrial and infrastructure projects.
In his commercial law practice, Roger has worked on a broad range of transactions, including private mergers and acquisitions, various purchase and sale and commercial agreements, and a range of secured financings.
Roger practises in English, French and Spanish, and has a working knowledge of Portuguese.
- Quebec 2015
Mr. Bill has acted in the following matters:
- Represented a syndicate of underwriters in connection with specialized diligence and regulatory compliance matters regarding the overall financing of some US $1.1 B by Nemaska Lithium Inc., for its Whabouchi lithium mine and its electrochemical plant in Shawinigan, QC
- Represented an oil and gas refiner in the disposition of petroleum terminal assets
- Represented an oil and gas major on regulatory and real property matters in the proposed development of an interprovincial pipeline
- Represented a renewable energy producer in the context of a proposed joint venture for developing a new co-gen facility
- Represented a licensed producer of cannabis in the development of a major cannabis production and transformation facility for approximately $240 million as well as in several rounds of secured and equity financing
- Represented a private developer in the disposition of a housing complex for approximately $70 million
- Vice president - Environmental, Energy and Resources Law Section, Canadian Bar Association, Quebec Division