Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Lauren Lee focuses her practice on complex commercial litigation, including environmental, products liability and contract matters. Ms. Lee has successfully defended major corporations in class action suits involving complex environmental claims, unfair trade practices and marketing claims, and allegations of personal injury and property damage.
Before Ms. Lee joined, we sponsored her as a pro bono Legal Fellow at The Door, which serves low-income and at-risk youth in New York City. As a Fellow, Ms. Lee represented undocumented immigrant youth in removal (deportation) proceedings before the New York Immigration Court and in related proceedings in the New York State court system. Ms. Lee obtained Lawful Permanent Residence (a "green card") for dozens of abused, neglected, and persecuted children. Ms. Lee remains active in the Firm's pro bono practice and continues to represent asylum seekers before the New York Immigration Court and Asylum Office.
JD, New York University School of Law, 2012
BA, summa cum laude, College of William & Mary, 2007
- California State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Member of trial team in lawsuit brought by major insurance company against third-party claims administrator alleging breach of contract and conversion. Tried case to jury verdict in federal court, securing all requested relief, including compensatory and punitive damages.
- Defeated class certification of putative class of thousands of plaintiffs alleging personal injury and property damages related to groundwater contamination and vapor intrusion, including excluding opinions of plaintiffs' proffered expert.
- Defeated class certification in putative nationwide class action alleging deceptive marketing of anti-cellulite and anti-aging creams against major international cosmetics company, after which the action was dismissed.
- Defeated remand to state court under the Class Action Fairness Act in complex environmental contamination suit involving Fortune 500 company.
- Currently defending Fortune 500 company in complex environmental suit under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act.
- Obtained asylum before the New York Immigration Court for father and son fleeing gang violence in Central America.
- Obtained asylum before the New York Asylum Office for mother and children fleeing domestic violence subsequent to Attorney General's decision in Matter of A-B.
- Pro Bono All Stars, 2018
- Hy Frankel Award in Law and Social Welfare, 2012
- Chadbourne & Parke Fellow at The Door, Legal Services Center, 2012-2014