Related services and key industries
Andrew Rosenblatt has extensive experience handling all types of bankruptcy and restructuring matters, including the representation of agent banks and lenders in out-of-court restructurings, secured and unsecured creditors in Chapter 11 cases, and buyers in sales and other asset dispositions both in and outside formal bankruptcy proceedings. His practice also includes representing foreign representatives and other parties in Chapter 15 cross-border ancillary cases and defending clients in bankruptcy litigation matters.
JD, Member, Hofstra Law Review, Hofstra University School of Law, 1997
BS, Binghamton University, 1994
- New York State Bar
- Represents NextEra Energy in its agreement to purchase Oncor Electric from Chapter 11 debtor Energy Future Holdings Corp.
- Represents the BVI joint liquidators of OAS Finance Limited in its Chapter 15 case.
- Represents the English joint liquidators of Hellas Telecommunications (Luxembourg) II SCA in its Chapter 15 case and related litigation.
- Represented Wilmington Trust, as agent for the lender group, in the Longview Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy case.
- Represented the Australian joint liquidators of Octaviar Administration Pty Limited in its Chapter 15 case.
- Represented the BVI joint liquidators of Pioneer Freight Futures Company Limited in its Chapter 15 case.
- Represented former Chief Bankruptcy Judge Arthur J. Gonzalez (S.D.N.Y.) in his capacity as the court-appointed examiner in the ResCap Chapter 11 case.
- Represented the official committee of unsecured creditors in the Tribune Company et al. Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented the Australian joint liquidators of ABC Learning Centres in its Chapter 15 case.
- Represented Citigroup, as agent for the lender group, in the successful restructuring of Xerium Technologies (through a prepackaged Chapter 11).
- Represented WestLB, as agent for the lender group, in the VeraSun Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented World Fuel Services in the Sanko Chapter 15 case.
- Represented The Royal Bank of Scotland, as agent for the lender group, in the successful Chapter 11 reorganization of PRC, LLC.
- Represented DZ Bank, as agent for the lender group, in the Calpine Corp. Chapter 11 bankruptcy cases.
- Represented the receiver appointed in the Russian bankruptcy proceedings of Yukos Oil Company in the first major test of Chapter 15 of the Bankruptcy Code.
- Represented a number of the largest creditor banks and insurance companies in Enron Corporation's Chapter 11 bankruptcy.
- Represented KBC Bank, N.V. in its capacity as a member of the creditors' committee in The National Benevolent Association of the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ) bankruptcy cases.
- Represented St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company in its capacity as a member of the creditors' committee in both the Enron Corp. and Sunbeam Corp. bankruptcy cases.
- Represented St. Paul Fire and Marine Insurance Company, as issuer of surety bonds, in the Bethlehem Steel Chapter 11 cases.
- Represented the Chapter 7 trustee in the Computers Unlimited of Wisconsin case.
- Represented the creditors' committees in the New York Post, Daily News and Pocket Communications bankruptcies.
- Represented ATC Group Services, Inc. in its successful reorganization.
- Represented several foreign debtors in ancillary proceedings in the United States, successfully obtaining permanent injunctive relief in each case.
- "Chapter 15: Pursuing Avoidance Actions Under Nonbankruptcy Law," Client Alert, April 27, 2017
- Co-author, "Giving Effect to Debt Compromise Arrangements – Binding the Minority or Out of the Money Classes of Creditors," Oxford University Press – The Law and Practice of Restructuring in the UK and US, 2017
- "Strong Legal Writing – A Springboard to Success," New York Law Journal, October 2015
- "Negotiating with Lenders: Forbearance, Waivers, Lender Approval and the Collective Action Conundrum," The Directors' and Officers' Guide to Restructuring, July 2010
- "Shedding Assets Quickly in Bankruptcy; using section 363 sale to make rapid sales of assets," Project Finance Newswire, February 2010
- "No Court Approval Needed for Creditor Seeking Equitable Subordination of Another’s Claim," American Bankruptcy Institute Journal, November 2008
- "A Tip for Lenders When Drafting Make-Whole Provisions," International Restructuring NewsWire, September 2007
- Co-author, "An Unsecured Creditor's Rights to Recover Attorneys' Fees: Highlighting the Section 502/Section 506 Dispute," Pratt's Journal of Bankruptcy Law, June 2007
- "Buyers of Bankruptcy Claims Should Proceed With Caution," Client Alert, April 11, 2006
- "Issues in Cross-Border Insolvencies/Admiralty and Shipping," (Speaker), ABI New York Cross-Border Insolvency Program, November 7, 2017
- "Cross-Border Insolvency -- A US/UK Perspective," (Speaker), ING/Norton Rose Fulbright in-house training program, July 27, 2017
- "Cross-Border Insolvency Issues and the Implentation of the UNCITRAL Model Law," (Panel Chair), INSOL International One Day Seminar, São Paulo, May 25, 201
- "Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code: Opportunities and Challenges for Off-Shore Insolvency Professionals," Hamilton, Bermuda, April 20, 2017
- "2016 – The Year in Review From the Perspectives of Judges and Attorneys," Association of Insolvency & Restructuring Advisors, New York, NY, November 16, 2016
- "Chapter 15 of the US Bankruptcy Code - A Powerful Tool for Off-Shore Practitioners," Tortola, BVI, March 23, 2016
- "A Primer on the Effect of Cross-Border Bankruptcies on Collateral and Sureties," Hartford, CT, April 30, 2015
- "Chapter 15: How Fairfield Sentry, Barnet, Vitro and Other Recent Cases have Affected Chapter 15 Availability and Cross-Border Landscape, Member of the Advisory Board Committee," Association of the Bar of the City of New York – Cross Border Insolvency Program, New York, NY, June 20, 2014
- "Availability and Benefits of Chapter 15 Following the Second Circuit’s Fairfield Decision," New York, NY, January 30, 2014
- "Emerging Roles for Examiners in Contested Chapter 11 Mega-Cases and Similar Trends in Other Jurisdictions," New York, NY, October 22, 2013
- "Navigating Preference, Fraudulent Conveyance and Executory Contract Risks," New York, NY, June 2, 2011
- "Cross-Border Restructurings US and European Perspectives," New York, NY, October 27, 2010
- "Section 363 Bankruptcy Sales," New York, NY, March 19, 2010
- "Section 304 of the United States Bankruptcy Code: In Need of a Fix?," INSOL International Conference, Bermuda, April 1999
- Member, American Bankruptcy Institute
- Member, Turnaround Management Association (TMA)
- Member, American Bar Association
The risk of competing insolvency proceedings highlights the need for Latin American countries to adopt the UNCITRAL Model Law on cross-border insolvency
Publication | November 16, 2017
Publication | April 27, 2017