Peter M. Hillegas
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Peter focuses his practice on intellectual property and complex commercial litigation, with an emphasis on federal district court and International Trade Commission proceedings. Peter's degree from Harvey Mudd College allows him to understand disputed technologies in a wide variety of areas and explain the technology and issues in a way easily understood in a courtroom. He has represented clients in various technical disciplines, including mobile telecom, wireless communication, streaming video, data security and encryption, medical devices and wireless charging. Peter has a deep understanding of patent litigation, including issues unique to technical and damages contentions, standard essential patent portfolios and FRAND commitments. He has represented clients in federal courts throughout the United States.
JD, cum laude, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2016
BS, General Engineering, Harvey Mudd College, 2007
During law school, Peter was the Technology Editor for the University of Pennsylvania Law Review.
- Texas State Bar
- Successfully represented a major video streaming company in multiple patent infringement actions against a major Pay-TV provider.
- Represented an RF inventor in against a large semiconductor company.
- Successfully represented a major telecom company in a patent infringement action concerning video compression technology.
- Represented an individual inventor in a patent infringement action against a hospital system
- Defended providers of digital cinema against allegations of patent infringement related to digital security.