Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Patrick Galizia practises employment and labour law. He advises employers on collective and individual labour relations, with particular emphasis on labour standards, individual actions, grievance arbitration, certification, drafting of employment contracts and internal corporate policies, directors' liability to employees, dismissals, protection of personal information, discrimination and human rights in the workplace, harassment, health & safety and industrial accidents.
Mr. Galizia regularly acts on behalf of employers before the Canada Industrial Relations Board, the Tribunal administratif du travail (Quebec Labour Relations Board), grievance arbitrators, the civil courts, the Commission d'accès à l'information (Quebec Access to Information Commission), the Quebec Human Rights Tribunal and the Canadian Human Rights Tribunal.
Mr. Galizia is currently the Montréal local chair of our employment and labour group.
LL.L., University of Ottawa, 1999
- Quebec 2000
- Best Lawyers in Canada: Labour and employment law, 2020-2024
- Chambers Canada, Quebec: Employment and Labour, Chambers and Partners, 2021-2024
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021-2023: recommended in Labour Relations (Management); 2023: recommended in Employment Law (Employer)
- Acritas Stars 2019-2021 – Designated as an "Independently rated lawyer"
- Acritas Stars 2018 – Designated as a "Star" lawyer by a panel of over 4,300 clients
- Client Choice Awards, 2016 – Employment & Benefits, Montréal
- Client Choice, USA & Canada 2014 – Individual Winner for Employment & Labour, Quebec and Canada
- Client Choice, USA & Canada 2013 – Individual Winner for Employment & Labour, Quebec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Canadian Association of Counsel to Employers
- Grunt Club Inc.
- Association québécoise de l’industrie de la sécurité
- Italian Chamber of Commerce in Canada
- Association of Italian-Canadian jurists of Quebec