K. Lee Gordon
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
K. Lee GordonvCard
Related services and key industries
Lee Gordon represents project developers, lenders and investors in connection with the development and financing of domestic and international power, renewable energy, transportation and other infrastructure projects.
JD, University of Virginia School of Law, 2006
BA, The College of William and Mary, 2001
- New York State Bar
- Representing the senior lenders in the US$235 million financing of the 150 MW Solem 1 and 140 MW Solem 2 solar PV projects, located in Aguascalientes, Mexico, which are the first solar projects under Mexico's long-term clean energy auctions to reach financial closing.
- Represented OPIC and NADB on the financing of the 148 MW Tres Mesas wind farm in Tamaulipas, Mexico. This transaction was named "Latin American Wind Deal of the Year" 2015 by IJGlobal.
- Represented the lenders, led by Deutsche Bank, on the construction financing of the 60 MW Regulus solar project in California, sponsored by SunEdison. This transaction was named "North American Renewables Deal of the Year" 2014 by IJGlobal.
- Represented IFC and OPIC on the financing of the 50 MW SunEdison-sponsored San Andres merchant solar project in Chile. This transaction was named "Latin American Solar Deal of the Year" 2013 by Project Finance magazine.
- Represented the lenders on the construction financing of the 151 MW Grant Wind project in Oklahoma, sponsored by Apex Clean Energy.
- Represented IFC, the OPEC Fund for International Development and the Central American Bank for Economic Integration on the financing of a 73 MW portfolio of solar projects in Honduras.
- Represented IFC and OPIC on the financing of the 141 MW Luz del Norte solar project in Chile, sponsored by First Solar.
- Represented IFC and OPIC on the financing of the 100 MW SunEdison-sponsored Amanecer solar project in Chile.
- Represented OPIC on the financing of the 70 MW Salvador merchant solar project in Chile, sponsored by Total, Etrion and Solventus.
- Representing OPIC and IDB on the financing for the 72 MW Crucero solar project in Chile, sponsored by SunEdison.
- Represented NADB on the financing of the 23 MW IVSC1 solar project and the 20 MW IVSC2 solar project in California, sponsored by SunPeak Solar.
- Represented the U.S. DOE in connection with US$8.3 billion in guaranteed loans to Georgia Power Company, Oglethorpe Power Corporation, and Municipal Electric Authority of Georgia for the financing of the 2,214 MW Vogtle nuclear power project in Georgia.
- Represented Bujagali Energy Limited as developer of the 250 MW Bujagali hydroelectric project in Uganda.
- Represented OPIC and U.S. Export-Import Bank on the financing of the Pannonia ethanol project in Hungary.
- Represented Caithness Energy in connection with a joint-venture investment in a tidal, river and deep water ocean current power generation company.
- Represented Brisa and CCR, as sponsors, in connection with the concession to lease, operate and maintain the Northwest Parkway toll road in Colorado and related financing. This transaction was named "North American Transport Deal of the Year" 2007 by Project Finance magazine.
- Co-author, "The Case for Cellulosic Ethanol, Daily Deal, March 2, 2009
- "Overcoming Hurdles to Commercializing Cellulosic Ethanol," Project Finance Newswire, January 2009