Class actions, also known as multiparty litigation and collective actions, can transform the most mundane dispute into a proceeding with significant exposure. Our global disputes lawyers understand the complexity of this area of litigation, which is why clients worldwide turn to us to handle these matters, which frequently have a multi-jurisdictional aspect and can span an array of industries.
“Notably deep bench and a global cross-border capability, attracting blue-chip domestic and international clients.” Chambers Global, 2018
Clients rely on our extensive knowledge of and experience with class action and collective redress regimes, bolstered by our global network of lawyers who effectively collaborate and leverage their experience
in multi-jurisdictional, national and cross-border disputes. Our practice covers a number of industries
and sectors and we draw from our deep industry knowledge to defend these claims.
Whether circumstances call for a negotiated settlement, dispositive motions early in the proceedings or a vigorous defense through certification or trial, we are able to assist clients through each phase of class action litigation in an effective and pragmatic manner.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Banking and finance
- Consumer protection
- Employment and labor
- Environmental law
- Life sciences and healthcare
- Product liability and recalls
- Professional negligence
- Toxic tort, including mass tort, mass disaster and catastrophic events
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Australia: Dispute Resolution, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, Australia: Dispute Resolution, Chambers & Partners, 2018
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Australia: Dispute Resolution, The Legal 500, 2018
- Legal 500, Asia-Pacific, Australia: Dispute Resolution: Class Actions, The Legal 500, 2018