"A pre-eminent safety practice with a very innovative approach to assisting clients."
Chambers & Partners 2015
Occupational health, safety and security (OHSS) is a major area of risk for all organisations, requiring a systematic approach to both accident prevention and legal risk protection. The level of legal risk to corporations, their directors, senior managers and employees demands highly skilled lawyers solely dedicated to OHSS regulatory and corporate governance issues. In response to this development in the regulatory landscape, we provide our clients with a dedicated team of experienced lawyers across the country who pride themselves on providing practical advice on one of the most significant regulatory issues today.
Our OHSS practice is widely acknowledged as the leader in occupational health and safety law and is a leading global provider of 24/7 emergency response and crisis handling services. Our 24/7 emergency response team have handled some of the most high profile catastrophic industrial incidents around the world and drawn upon this experience to work with our clients to deliver best practice proactive advice to improve their own corporate governance.
Our industry sector focus means that we truly understand our clients’ businesses and the risks unique to their industry sector. Our people are some of the most senior practitioners in their field and add value to our clients’ businesses through the depth of their experience.
We are the only practice who can advise on security and anti-terrorism, in a time when organisations are becoming increasingly concerned with resilience. From e-security to biosecurity, our people are pioneering work in this field. We also have extensive experience in delivering interactive tailored training workshops on security, safety compliance and crisis management.
We offer you:
- the largest, most experienced team in the field including the most senior and well-respected practitioners in the industry
- an on-call 24/7 catastrophic industrial incident emergency response service with registered safety practitioners - who can be mobilised to act on any incident in a short space of time - ensuring our clients obtain assistance when it is most needed
- corporate governance advice including design and implementation of bespoke safety and security management systems and due diligence frameworks
- audit services for WHS compliance
- WHS consultancy service, including practical implementation of regulatory requirements
- N-sure: the only product in the market to perform WHS legal compliance audits in an innovative way strategic advice in regulatory issues and investigations
- product safety services focusing on both proactive compliance advice and incident management
- WHS compliance gap analysis review and benchmarking services
- our OHSS infographic series – delivering key issues in WHS in a clear, plain-English format.
OHSS Infographic series
The Business Case for Safety infographic
See our infographic on the Business Case for Safety. Please note, this information is current as at 26 Feb 2015.
Safety by design infographic
See our infographic on the 'Safe Work Australia Report: Work-related fatalities associated with unsafe design of machinery, plant and powered tools 2006-2011'. Please note, this information is current as at 13 Nov 2014.
See our 'West African Ebola outbreak - What you need to know' infographic. Please note, this information is current as at 23 Sep 2014.
Positive Investigation Methodology (PIM) infographic
See our ‘Positive Investigation Methodology’ infographic. Please note, this information is current as at 8 Sep 2014.