Our global agribusiness lawyers have extensive experience focusing on the whole of the food and agribusiness value chain, advising clients worldwide on all aspects of their operations, including domestic and foreign investment acquisitions, initial public offerings, joint ventures, scientific cooperation agreements, international trade, land matters and technology licensing.
“Well-established food and agribusiness practice with a large team of specialist lawyers.” Chambers Global, 2017
We advise the full spectrum of industry players including companies involved in agribusiness and food production, processing and distribution, agrichemicals manufacturers, food producers, processors of agricultural commodities, manufacturers of precision farming equipment, alternative fuel producers, soft commodities traders and financial institutions.
With offices around the world, our global team is able to respond to the growing demands on the food and agribusiness industry – including increasingly complex regulatory requirements – to provide clients with complete legal coverage of the sector, from farm to fork.
Our soft commodities team has established a leading reputation in emerging and transitional markets, with extensive experience in the financing of the production, export, transport and warehousing of a vast range of soft commodities including tobacco, coffee, cocoa, sugar, grains and edible oils, paper, cotton, textiles and carbon credits.
Our areas of work include
- Contracts, including R&D and scientific cooperation agreements
- Environmental law
- Investment funds
- Joint ventures
- Projects and project finance
- Renewables and sustainability
- Retail and consumer markets
- Sanctions and controls
- Structured trade and commodity finance
- Technology and innovation, including technology licensing
- WTO and international trade
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Agribusiness, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers Canada, Nationwide: Agriculture & Food Products, Chambers & Partners, 2017