Daryl L. Lansdale
Daryl Lansdale is Managing Partner of our United States practice, Chair of the US Management Committee, and a member of Norton Rose Fulbright's Global Executive Committee.
Daryl maintains an active practice focused on the areas of mergers and acquisitions, public and private financings, and public company reporting and corporate governance matters. Daryl has extensive experience representing private equity firms and public companies in their acquisitions and divestitures, and issuers and underwriters in public and private offerings. He is also experienced in master limited partnerships, private equity fund formation, conducting internal investigations, and advising directors (and conflict committees) on corporate governance and fiduciary duty issues.
1992 - J.D., Southern Methodist University School of Law
1989 - B.B.A., magna cum laude, The University of Texas
Daryl was admitted to practice law in Texas in 1992.
Daryl's experience includes representation of the following:
- International media company in the divestiture of its U.S. television division (56 television stations) for $1.2 billion
- International outdoor advertising company (NYSE) in its $630 million carve-out initial public offering
- A biotherapeutics wound care company in its $800 million sale to a global medical technology company
- Media company listed in the Fortune 500 (NYSE) in the $1.4 billion spin-off of its live entertainment business
- Biotech company in its venture capital financing, acquisitions, joint ventures, initial public offering and sale for $1 billion
- Leading provider of debt management and recovery solutions (NASDAQ) in the acquisition of a $1 billion publicly traded competitor
- Energy services company in its $300 million offering of high-yield notes and simultaneous tender for outstanding notes
- Pipeline and logistics master limited partnership in issuances of more than $1.5 billion of common units
- Venture backed medical device company in its $45 million sale to a publicly traded strategic buyer
- Drug development company in its $100 million sale to a multinational specialty pharmaceutical company
- One of the largest pharmaceutical contract development and manufacturing organizations (CDMO) in the United States in its sale to a private equity firm
- Refiner listed in the Fortune 50 in its $500 million acquisition of an ethanol producer through a Section 363 bankruptcy sale
- Master limited partnership in the sale of a pipeline system for $100 million
- International outdoor advertising company (NYSE) in its acquisition of an outdoor advertising business for approximately $250 million in cash and stock
- Domestic drilling company (NYSE) in its $100 million secondary offering and acquisition of an oil field services business for approximately $350 million in cash
- International telecommunications company listed in the Fortune 50 in connection with the acquisition of a customer contract center services business
- Independent refiner of petroleum products listed in the Fortune 50 in its issuance of notes
- $10 billion international cleaning and facilities maintenance firm in its U.S. platform acquisition
- Heavy-duty truck and equipment dealer (Nasdaq) in its $135 million secondary offering and simultaneous acquisition of a regional chain of truck dealerships
- Oil and gas exploration and production company (Nasdaq) in a $100 million cash and stock acquisition
- Special committee of a Nasdaq listed consumer online service provider in connection with its going private sale to an international telecommunications company
- Private equity firms in numerous acquisitions, co-investments and divestitures
- Medical device company in its formation, venture capital financing and sale to a publicly traded company for $75 million
- Independent refiner of petroleum products listed in the Fortune 200 in its Rule 144A offering of high-yield notes and numerous equity offerings
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers USA, Chambers & Partners, 2007 - 2014
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2006 - 2017
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2013 - 2014
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, M&A: Middle-Market ($500m-999m), The Legal 500, 2013 - 2016
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Technology: Transactions, The Legal 500, 2012
- Chambers USA, technology: corporate & commercial, Chambers & Partners, 2013
- Acritas Star, Acritas, 2017
- Who's Who in Energy, American City Business Journals, 2013 - 2016
- Texas Super Lawyers, Mergers and Acquisition, Thomson Reuters, 2011 - 2016
Co-author, "Shareholder Plaintiffs' Lawyers Target Annual Meeting Proxy Disclosures," Fulbright Briefing, February 4, 2013
"Qualified Legal Compliance Committees: A Useful Tool for Investigating Reports of Material Violations," Legal Update, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P.
"The Judicial and Regulatory Constriction of Section 16 of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934," Notre Dame Law Review; reprinted in Corporate Practice Commentator
"Standing Under Section 16(b) of the Securities Exchange Act," Securities Regulation Law Journal
"Regulation S and Rule 144A: Creating a Workable Fiction in an Expanding Global Securities Market," The International Lawyer
"Strategies for Complying with Nasdaq's Continued Listing Standards in Troubled Times," Securities Regulation Law Journal
Memberships and activities
- TMI - The Episcopal School of Texas, Board Member
- The First Tee, Board Member
As the 2013 annual meeting proxy season gets underway, companies should be aware of a new litigation tactic being pursued by certain shareholder class a....
February 04, 2013
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright has today announced 45 promotions worldwide, including 41 partners and four promotions to the South African equivalent of director..
April 27, 2017
Global law firm Norton Rose Fulbright announced today the election of Daryl L. Lansdale, Jr. as its US Managing Partner, effective Jan. 1, 2017. Lansdale will succeed Linda L. Addison..
October 11, 2016