Businesses today face an increasingly complex framework of established and evolving legislation and civil, criminal and regulatory risk. Our global regulation and investigations practice was established to assist our clients as they navigate the evolving global and cross-border regulatory, compliance and government enforcement environment.
Our platform of more than 50 offices across the world allows us to navigate local legal and cultural issues with sensitivity and with the benefit of significant experience.
We offer our clients a deep understanding, both globally and locally, of legal, procedural, governance and reputational aspects of regulatory and compliance issues, investigations and litigation. Our team focuses on four key pillars of antitrust and competition, financial services regulation, investigations and tax.
The unprecedented level of co-operation among international enforcement authorities requires clients to adopt a coordinated, multinational approach. Our team of experienced lawyers across the world provides a global service and something extra: ‘connectivity’. We are inter-connected across jurisdictions, across industry sectors, and across regulatory fronts, enabling our teams to advise clients on managing risk, including multi-jurisdictional investigations and compliance matters, wherever they arise.
Our experience extends from jurisdictions with extensive regulatory and enforcement frameworks, such as in North America, Europe and Australia, to more developing regulatory jurisdictions in Asia, Africa and Latin America.
We have acted on some of the world’s highest profile domestic and multi-jurisdictional investigations, including high profile criminal investigations and prosecutions. Our global regulation and investigations team includes lawyers who have previously held positions in some of the world’s key regulatory bodies. This brings a deep understanding of the internal workings of regulators, the underlying politics which shape the regulators’ approach, and the sensitivities of dealing with regulators.
Our approach is holistic: alongside clients, we work to fully understand our client’s business and environment to deliver a programme which manages every aspect of legal, reputational and operational risk.
The eDisclosure requirements in investigative and regulatory actions can be more complex and time sensitive than in other legal matters. Our global practice support team provides clients with a consistent and proven methodology for complying with document preservation and production requirements throughout the course of the case. Through the application of cutting edge technology hosted in data centres across the globe, lawyers are able to identify key documents and facts early in the investigation to assist in developing case strategies and priorities, with the further benefit of managing and reducing costs.
We combine wide-ranging experience and knowledge of best practice with a strategic focus on industry, particularly the key sectors of financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Business ethics and anti-corruption, including FCPA and UK Bribery Act
- Commodities and derivatives
- Data privacy
- Electronic discovery
- Financial Services regulation
- Government investigations and enforcement
- Health and safety
- Internal investigations
- International trade, sanctions and export controls
- Sector and utilities regulatory investigations
- Securities fraud
- Tax investigations and disputes
- White collar crime
Awards and accolades
- Best Law Firms, national ranking for securities litigation, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2016
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Corporate Investigations, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers Global, Latin America-wide: Fraud & Corporate Investigations, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Chambers Latin America, Latin America-wide: Fraud & Corporate Investigations, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Global Investigations Review, GIR 30: No. 24, Law Business Research LTD, 2016
- Legal 500 US, Nationwide: Securities: Shareholder Litigation, The Legal 500, 2016
Global regulation and investigations brochure
Global regulation and investigations pillar brochures
Additional global regulation and investigations brochures