Our global team of technology lawyers has extensive experience advising on all aspects of technology agreements, acquisitions and licensing and on the development, integration and implementation of new technologies, as well as on disputes arising from these innovative transactions.
"Distinguished law firm with a prominent technology practice, which maintains a fine reputation for its work on both domestic and cross-border M&A." — Chambers USA, 2018
We help starts-ups and multinationals in areas including cloud-based technology, hardware and infrastructure, systems integration, data analytics, software, semiconductors, artificial intelligence, Big Data, Internet of Things and financial services technology, such as Blockchain.
Our experience covers technology mergers and acquisitions and joint ventures, commercialization, including software distribution agreements and R&D collaborations, complex multi-jurisdictional technology litigation and arbitration and all aspects of the acquisition, exploitation, and enforcement of intellectual property rights relating to the use of technology. The team also advises on complex data licensing and ownership arrangements, including the intellectual property, data protection, contractual and regulatory aspects of data transactions.
We advise both technology companies and businesses implementing technology solutions, as well as investors in the technology sector, so we have a 360-degree view of the legal and commercial issues arising from major technology projects.
Our areas of work include
- Antitrust and competition
- Application of software, including ASP, cloud and SaaS delivery models and open source
- Data protection, privacy and cybersecurity
- Digital technologies, Internet services and eCommerce
- Intellectual property, including acquisition, protection and enforcement, licensing and technology transfer
- Investments, including private equity, venture capital and equity capital market fundraising
- Mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- Procurement, including integration and implementation
- Regulation and investigations
- Software development, licensing and distribution
- Technology development and commercialization
- Technology litigation and arbitration
Awards and accolades