We are one of the few global law firms able to provide the all-round service for the rail sector needed by today’s rail companies. We offer our clients in the rail industry the benefit of in-depth experience, gained from all sides of major transactions. We advise on the full range of international-law issues, including jurisdictional and forum challenges. Our considerable experience and breadth around the world means that we are well positioned to determine global strategies for obtaining the best achievable results for our clients.
Over the last twenty years, we have represented numerous energy, mining and chemical companies, lenders, operating lessors, equity investors and others in dozens of rail financing transactions involving all the major US railroads and operating leasing companies. These transactions covered locomotives, a wide variety of commodity and tank cars, and passenger rail cars.
Our market-leading rail group has specialist lawyers who are active in the rail sector across the United States, Canada, Europe, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa, the Middle East and Central Asia.
Our areas of work include:
- asset and lease financing
- corporate finance
- procurement, competition and regulatory
- infrastructure and signaling
- light rail
- high-speed rail
- dispute resolution and litigation
- intellectual property and technology
- health and safety
- structured finance and securitization
- rolling stock procurement and maintenance
Awards and accolades
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national ranking for equipment finance law and transportation law, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2017