Norton Rose Fulbright Australia
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Alice Blackburn is a dispute resolution lawyer based in Brisbane.
Alice has a broad disputes background with a particular interest in regulatory investigations and prosecutions. Her experience includes acting in a range of regulatory investigations and prosecutions and commercial litigation involving contractual, franchise, tort and administrative law disputes.
- Solicitor with carriage in defending insider trading and money laundering prosecution by ASIC, including instructing in contested committal hearing.
- Assisting in investigation and prosecution by ACCC in relation to unfair contract term and misleading and deceptive conduct.
- Solicitor with carriage for the Queensland Building and Construction Commission in numerous administrative review in QCAT involving a variety of issues including licensing, home warranty scheme and directions to rectify.
- Solicitor with carriage in defending prosecution by Workplace Health & Safety Queensland in relation to the collapse of two thermal energy storage tanks at the Sunshine Coast University Hospital, involving complex engineering modelling evidence.
- Solicitor with carriage in relation to structural engineer witness giving evidence in Dreamworld Coronial Inquest, in relation to his certification of the Ride prior to the deaths.
- Solicitor with carriage in investigation by the Department of Environment and Science in relation to waste transport certificates, including attendance at records of interview.
- Solicitor with carriage in investigation by Electrical Safety Board in relation to breach of duty of care, arising from electric shock to young child.
- Instructing solicitor in successful litigation in relation to rejection of goods (horse) under Australian Consumer Law (Barton v Bridgeman & Anor  QDC 16).
- Solicitor with carriage in rate recovery proceedings on behalf of local government, including drafting of pleadings and applications for summary judgment.
- Solicitor with carriage acting on behalf of local government in relation to alleged breach of contract claim, including responding to urgent interlocutory application.
- Assisting in acting for Qantas Airways Limited (Qantas) in a dispute regarding the uncontrolled release of 33,000L of firefighting foam (containing PFAS) at Brisbane Airport. This foam is a potentially hazardous substance that can cause harm to the environment. Alice has been heavily involved in the preparation of both lay and expert witnesses as part of Qantas' evidence.