Our global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency lawyers are at the forefront of many of the most significant cross-border restructuring and insolvency cases involving complex multi-jurisdictional issues and regional insolvency laws. With more than 50 offices in over 30 countries, our multilingual and culturally proficient lawyers have the experience to address issues posed by local laws and customs when cases cross borders.
“Depth of expertise in corporate restructures, turnarounds and insolvencies, and noted for its ability to assist on contentious insolvency matters.” Chambers Asia-Pacific, 2021
We use the wide range of legal disciplines of lawyers from our worldwide offices in the fields of banking and finance; corporate, M&A and securities; and employment and labor to meet the challenges throughout all stages of a restructuring matter. Our ability to staff multi-jurisdictional deals using solely Norton Rose Fulbright personnel means we stand out by offering our clients seamless service in all relevant jurisdictions.
Our global team acts for a full range of clients delivering worldwide financial restructuring and insolvency services in all key industry sectors. Our client portfolio includes lenders, private equity and distressed debt funds, hedge funds, bondholders, public and private corporations, debtors, liquidators, examiners, office-holders, secured and unsecured creditors, committees, management and other relevant stakeholders.
Our areas of work include
- Bankruptcy and insolvency litigation
- Complex bankruptcy investigations
- Complex loan restructurings
- Cross-border recognition proceedings
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses, and forward, swap and trading contracts
- Lender liability disputes
- Official committee and ad hoc representations
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets
- Sale and purchase of distressed debt and portfolio sales
- Valuation and solvency proceedings
Awards and accolades
- Best Lawyers Australia, Law Firm of the Year: Insolvency and Reorganization Law, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Chambers Asia-Pacific, Australia: Restructuring/Insolvency, Chambers and Partners, 2021
- Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, Australia: Restructuring and Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2021
Global | Video | March 30, 2022Bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency