Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Geren Brown is a senior associate residing in the firm's Dallas office. He represents clients as agents, lenders, loan participants and borrowers on credit facilities and loan transactions such as working capital, acquisition and development revolving and term loan facilities, acquisition, asset-and energy and non-commodity-related loan transactions, real estate acquisition and construction loan transactions, margin loan transactions, securities lending transactions and loan participation facilities involving the above referenced types of loans.
Geren also represents clients as purchasers, sellers, originators, issuers, servicers and custodians on structured financings and asset-backed financings such as mortgage loan, insurance premium finance loan and receivables purchase, sale and servicing facilities, asset securitization facilities, asset-loan facilities, loan warehouse facilities, loan portfolio and servicing rights purchase and sale transactions, and purchases and sales of interests in whole mortgage loans and mortgage-backed securities, insurance premium finance loans, and other financial assets.
JD, cum laude, Phi Delta Phi, Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, 2014
MA, Economics, Southern Methodist University Dedman College of Arts and Sciences, 2014
BBA, Accounting & Finance, Texas Christian University, 2008
BS, Economics, Texas Christian University, 2008
- Texas State Bar
- Represented administrative agent in connection with the negotiation and documentation of a $1 billion reserve-based revolving credit facility and related amendments for an exploration and production company secured by assets in the eagle ford shale formation.
- Represented administrative agent in connection with $140,000,000 asset backed syndicated credit facility to private equity fund secured by life insurance policies and related collateral.
- Represented notes issuer of $200,000,000 privately placed senior secured notes backed by billboards and telecommunications-related real property interests and leases.
- Represented seller of $1,000,000,000 to $4,000,000,000 of aggregate principal amount of residential mortgage loans outstanding under a mortgage loan purchase agreement with government sponsored entities.
- Represented notes issuer and related entities in connection with two-step $250,000,000 trade receivables purchase and sale and securitization facility.
- Represented notes issuer and related entities in connection with two-step $140,000,000 trade receivables purchase and sale and securitization facility backed by propane and propane accessory-related receivables.
- Represented Administrative and Collateral Agent in connection with $65,000,000 international syndicated reserve base credit facility to upstream oil and gas borrower and related United States affiliates and owners.
- Represented seller of $480,000,000 of residential mortgage loans under a mortgage loan purchase and interim servicing agreement.
- Represented counterparties in various interest rate, commodities and debt and equity swaps and derivatives transactions.
- Represented owner of over thirty restaurants under several franchises in connection with $130,000,000 amended and restated syndicated credit facility.
- Represented seller of $340,000,000 of residential mortgage loans under a mortgage loan purchase and interim servicing agreement.
- Represented purchaser of up to $75,000,000 of aggregate principal amount of residential mortgage loans outstanding under a mortgage loan participation agreement in preparation for the subsequent sale of such mortgage loans to various government sponsored entities in connection with the issuance of residential mortgage backed securities.
- Represented seller of $150,000,000 of aggregate principal amount of residential mortgage loans outstanding under a mortgage loan purchase agreement.
- Legal 500, Recommended Lawyer, Structured Finance – Securitization, The Legal 500, 2021
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
CORE Industrial Partners and Arizona Natural Resources advised on procurement of Contract Filling Inc.
September 02, 2022
June 13, 2022
June 03, 2021