Securing the right type of financing under terms that satisfy a company's immediate needs and strategic goals while balancing the financial objectives and credit risk for the financing source can be a complex balancing act. Our finance lawyers have extensive market knowledge and are experienced at structuring and negotiating financing to meet the needs of our clients.
Our experience representing both financing sources and financed parties gives us an appreciation for the goals of the various parties, while we remain mindful of the business relationship which commences upon the closing of the financing transaction.
Our clients include investment-grade and non-investment-grade companies, governmental and quasi-governmental agencies, asset-based and cash flow-based lenders, mezzanine and second-lien lenders, private equity firms and consortia, hedge funds, investment funds and other regional, national and international investors in borrower, lender, issuer, underwriter, noteholder, agent, arranger and other similar capacities.
Our areas of work include
- Accounts receivable and other asset-based financing
- Acquisition and leveraged financing
- Aviation and equipment finance
- Bridge financing
- Capital markets transactions
- Construction and other real estate-related financing
- Cross-border and multi-currency financing
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financing
- Hedging and other derivative transactions
- Islamic or Shariah-compliant financing
- Letter of credit facilities
- Mezzanine and other subordinated debt and lien financing
- Mortgage-backed and other securitizations
- Private debt placement
- Public finance
- Structured and project finance
- Syndicated bank financing
- Workouts, restructurings and other non-performing loan transactions