Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Litigation and disputes
- Regulation and investigations
- Securities litigation, regulation and enforcement
Sean is an associate practicing in the New York office who represents clients in various industries in complex commercial litigations in state and federal courts and domestic and international arbitration proceedings. He joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2016.
JD, cum laude, Georgetown University Law Center, 2016
BA, summa cum laude, Political Science, European Studies, Vanderbilt University, 2011
In law school, Sean was the editor-in-chief of the Georgetown Journal of International Law, served as a legal research and writing law fellow, and competed in multiple moot court competitions, including the Andrews Kurth National Moot Court Championship and the Phillip C. Jessup International Law Moot Court Competition.
Sean is admitted to practice in the states of New York and New Jersey, the Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, and the United States District Court for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York and District of New Jersey.
- New Jersey State Bar
- New York State Bar
- Drafted substantive briefing, conducted witness preparation, and assisted in depositions for broker-dealer in Securities & Exchange Commission (SEC) enforcement action
- Ongoing representation of the court-appointed receiver of an alleged Madoff "feeder fund" in state, federal district, and bankruptcy court litigation
- Oversaw discovery and drafted substantive briefing for international banking client in federal blue-sky and bankruptcy avoidance action litigation
- Drafted discovery-related motions, conducted custodian interviews, and oversaw document review for multiple actions involving correctional services contractor
- Led discovery, drafted pre-hearing briefing, and assisted settlement efforts for international pharmaceutical equipment manufacturer in AAA arbitration
- Conducted internal investigation, created presentations given to U.S. Attorney's Office, and drafted mediation submissions for regional hospital system in qui tam action
- Drafted client guidance on developments in Foreign Corrupt Practices Act (FCPA) and other white collar criminal matters
- Assisted in preparation for Fed. R. Civ. P. 30(b)(6) deposition in multi-district pharmaceutical litigation
- Drafted litigation hold notice and assisted in initial eDiscovery guidance for bankrupt healthcare provider
- Drafted international records retention and preservation policies for Fortune 100 companies
- Assisted in internal data breach investigation for regional healthcare company
- Assisted in research and drafting amicus brief before the U.S. Supreme Court in United States v. Microsoft addressing the importance of comity in cross border discovery
- Ongoing pro bono representation in multiple asylum cases, including of a Salvadoran family fleeing gang violence and a LGBT Saudi man, in Immigration Court, U.S. Customs & Immigration Service, and state family court proceedings
- Co-author with David Kessler, "Don't Jump to Aerospatiale: The Lessons of In Re Bard," ABA Conference: Interplay Between EU Data Protection and US Discovery, Bloomberg BNA, February 2018
- "Expert Witnesses May (Still) Be Used in U.S. Litigation to Explain Basic Social Media Use," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, May 31, 2017
- "Facebook's California Choice-of-Law Provision Rules the Day," Norton Rose Fulbright Social Media Law Bulletin, March 2, 2017
- "Defying Schengen Through Internal Border Controls: Acts of National Risk-taking or Violations of International Law at the Heart of Europe?," Georgetown Journal of International Law, Fall 2016
- American Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar
Sean is also actively involved in the firm's pro bono, recruiting, and mentorship programs. Prior to starting law school, Sean was a high school English teacher in Dallas as part of the Teach for America program.