Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Hilary Lefko focuses her practice on all areas of federal income tax law, with a particular emphasis on tax controversy and renewable energy tax issues. She represents developers and investors in various energy and renewable energy projects, including transactions involving section 45 production tax credits for the production of electricity from renewable resources, including the purchase and sale of wind, open-loop biomass, landfill gas, geothermal and refined coal facilities. She also advises on section 48 investment tax credits for solar projects, the Section 1603 Treasury Grant Program and other renewable energy incentives.
Hilary frequently represents purchasers and sellers of ownership interests in single renewables projects and portfolios of renewables projects. She also advises US and foreign Tax planning for non-US businesses of US companies, offshore funds, domestic and international project finance and a variety of US inbound international business transactions.
Earlier in her career, Hilary served as an aide to Senator Joseph I. Lieberman and to Congressman Cal Dooley.
- LLM, Taxation, with distinction, Georgetown University Law Center, 2008
- JD, SMU Dedman School of Law, 2007
- BA, Government, with college honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 2001
- District of Columbia Bar
- Recognized as a Leader in Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy, USA-Nationwide, Chambers USA, 2020 – 2022
- Recognized as a Leader in Projects: Renewables & Alternative Energy, US, Chambers Global, 2021
- Recommended for Energy: Renewable/Alternative Power, Legal 500 United States, 2020 – 2021
Equipment Leasing and Finance Association, Legal Forum, Overview of Tax Equity Financing/Partnership Flips for Solar and Wind, May 2, 2022
- Member, American Bar Association, Tax Section
- Member, State Bar of Texas, Tax Section
- Member, Texas Young Lawyers Association
- Member, US Court of Federal Claims Bar Association