Alyssa Marie Vazquez
Head of Aviation, United States
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Alyssa Marie VazquezvCard
Related services and key industries
Alyssa Vazquez joined the New York office in 2008. Her practice focuses on transportation finance with a particular focus on aviation finance as well as other secured and unsecured financings. Her clients include borrowers, equity participants, lenders, lessees, leasing companies, and airlines in finance, lease and acquisition matters in both domestic and cross-border transactions.
Previously, Ms. Vazquez was an associate at a major Wall Street law firm.
JD, Fordham University School of Law, 2003
BA, with distinction, International Politics, Pennsylvania State University, 2000
While attending Pennsylvania State University, Alyssa was elected to Phi Beta Kappa. During law school, Alyssa was a Notes and Articles Editor of the Fordham Journal of Corporate and Financial Law.
- New York State Bar
- Airline in $250 million engine portfolio facility
- Operating lessor in multiple aircraft portfolio acquisitions and related lease novations
- Operating Lessor in $110 million used aircraft financing
- Airline in sale of aircraft to another airline
- Financing subsidiary of original equipment manufacturer in varied manufacturer-assisted financings of aircraft
- Aircraft parts seller in U.S. and international acquisitions of aircraft and engines, teardowns of aircraft and engine and sales of resulting parts
- Joint venture partner in the creation of an aircraft engine technology development company
- Lessor in sale-leaseback of aircraft engines and financing of the same
- Joint venture partner in the creation of an engine leasing company, including with respect to joint venture agreements, management, servicing and remarketing agreements and debt negotiation and documentation
- Financing subsidiary of original equipment manufacturer in noteworthy leasing and subleasing transaction involving 80 aircraft and 2 major US airlines.
- Project company subsidiary of an electric cooperative in connection with a $600 million project financing of a 25% interest in a coal-fired power plant
- Live entertainment company in the negotiation, documentation and closing of a secured loan facility in connection with its acquisition of another live entertainment company
- Multilateral lender in the negotiation, documentation and closing of a secured loan to a Colombian airline
- LMG Rising Star, Aviation, Euromoney PLC, 2016-2017
- Legal 500 US, Next Generation Lawyer, Transport: Aviation and air travel - finance, The Legal 500, 2018
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Asset finance and leasing, The Legal 500, 2016-2017
- Legal 500 US, Next Generation Lawyer, Asset Finance and Leasing, The Legal 500, 2017
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Transportation: Aviation: Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2016-2019
- 2015 Rising Star Air Finance Journal
- New York Metro Rising Star, aviation, Thomson Reuters, 2013 - 2014
- Co Author, "Bankruptcy Court Rejects Payment Of Make-Whole In Connection With The Prepayment Of Aircraft Finance Transactions", Fulbright Briefing, March 1, 2013
- Ten Things to Know about Leasing and Financing Aircraft in the United States, Norton Rose Fulbright Legal Flyer, December 2015
"Financing Used Aircraft in an Uncertain Market," American Conference Institute's 2nd National Forum on Aircraft Finance & Leasing, New York, New York, June 25, 2013
"New Financing Source: Marsh's Aircraft Finance Insurance Consortium (AFIC) and its non-payment insurance product for airlines and operating lessors", moderated this panel at ABA's Forum on Air & Space Law, December 2017 meeting.
Moderated a Lessor Panel, American Bar Association Aircraft Financing Subcommittee, Spring 2018 meeting
- American Bar Association, Aircraft Financing Subcommittee
- International Aviation Women Association