Felicia J. Boyd
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Felicia J. BoydvCard
Related services and key industries
Felicia J. Boyd has extensive experience in complex IP disputes including, patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade dress. Her experience spans a diverse array of industries, including financial and investment services, medical devices, software, music, pharmaceuticals and manufactured goods.
Felicia has significant experience including complex case management and the coordination of global discovery efforts. She effectively designs and implements litigation strategy consistent with client objectives. Additionally, Felicia advises on Markman strategy, briefing and argument, and the selection and development of all experts.
Notably, Felicia also serves as an arbitrator and mediator. She is a fellow of the CIArb (Chartered Institute of Arbitrators), and is a member of LCIA (The London Court of International Arbitration), ArbitralWomen and the complex commercial litigation panel and the consumer litigation panel of the American Arbitration Association. She excels in her ability as an arbitrator and mediator, possessing hard-earned people skills and the capacity to see beyond adversity. Felicia is appreciated for her intellectual prowess, objectivity, credibility, tact, perseverance, patience, leadership and ability to create synergy among even the most disparate parties.
Felicia is admitted to the State Bar of Minnesota, US Patent and Trademark Office, US District Court for the District of Minnesota, US District Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit and the US Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.
JD, magna cum laude, University of Minnesota Law School, 1987
BA, cum laude, St. Olaf College, 1984
- Minnesota State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Chambers USA, Intellectual Property – Minnesota, Chambers and Partners, 2013 - 2019
- The Best Lawyers in America, Intellectual Property, Best Lawyers, 2009 - 2020
- Managing IP's Top 250 Women in IP nationwide, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2016, 2019
- World Trademark Review 1000, Law Business Research Ltd., 2013, 2017, 2019, 2020
- Minnesota Lawyer, Attorneys of the Year, Minnesota Lawyer, 2013
- Minnesota Monthly, Minnesota's Best Lawyers, Greenspring Media, LLC, 2013
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Intellectual Property and Intellectual Property litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2014 - 2019
- Minnesota Super Lawyers, Top 50 Women, Thomson Reuters, 2016
- Benchmark Litigation, Litigation Star, Benchmark Litigation, 2015 - 2016
- World Intellectual Property Review, IP Leader, Newton Media Ltd, 2017
- Managing Intellectual Property IP Stars, Patent star – Minnesota, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2019
- Author, "A Way To Efficiently Resolve International Patent Disputes," Law360, February 8, 2016
- Author, "Teva v Sandoz: another change for patent litigation," Intellectual Property Magazine, March 6, 2015
- Co-author, "Employer And Employee Ownership Of Intellectual Property: Not As Easy As You Think," Corporate Counsel Connect, Thomson Reuters, December 19, 2014