Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Neil Gold practices in the New York office and has been Chair of our Securities Practice Group. Neil has a broad corporate and securities background gained by virtue of a wide variety of transactional and general representation engagements over the years. He represents issuers and underwriters in public, private and PIPE financings of equity and debt securities. He also provides day-to-day legal and business advice on corporate, securities and finance matters and compliance issues raised by the Sarbanes-Oxley and Dodd-Frank Acts, as well as by Nasdaq and NYSE listing requirements.
Neil is familiar with numerous industry-specific issues as a result of his involvement in multiple transactions relating to the apparel, retail, consumer products, telecommunications, energy, technology, health care, business services, travel and entertainment industries.
Neil has significant experience in mergers and acquisitions, leveraged buyouts and "roll-up" transactions. Additionally, he represents a number of Israeli companies in their securities issuance and corporate transactions in the United States, as well as in their compliance with SEC and stock exchange reporting requirements.
Neil has handled financings, representing both issuers and underwriters, for companies located in the United States, Israel, China, Canada and the United Kingdom.
JD, Honors, Harvard Law School, 1972
BA, Honors, Political Science, University of Rochester, 1969
Neil was admitted to practice law in New York in 1973.
- New York State Bar
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, 2012 - 2021
- Best Lawyers - Corporate Law, Best Lawyers, 2022
- Chambers Global, Israel: Corporate/M&A (Desks Based Abroad), Chambers & Partners, 2012 - 2017
- Chambers USA: corporate/M&A, Chambers & Partners
- New York Super Lawyers, securities & corporate finance, Thomson Reuters, 2008 - 2009
- New York's Top Rated Lawyers, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012
- Who's Who in American Law
- Co Author, "SEC Issues Final Rules Regarding Changes to Proxy Disclosure ", Fulbright Briefing, January 5, 2010
- Co Author, "SEC Proposes Amendments to Shareholder Proxy Access Rules", Fulbright Briefing, May 27, 2009
- "SEC Adopts Amendments to Reporting and Disclosure Requirements for Foreign Private Issuers", Fulbright Briefing, September 29, 2008
- "SEC Revises Registration Exemption for Foreign Private Issuers", Fulbright Briefing, September 11, 2008
- Co Author, "SEC Adopts Amendments to Form 8-K", Legal Update, May 2004
- "After Enron, Lots of New Rules", High-Tech Investor, October-November/2002
- "Good Will Hunting", High-Tech Investor, June/July 2002
- "The Form of Proformas", High-Tech Investor, April/May 2002
- Co Author, "Foreigners Face PFIC", High-Tech Investor, February/March 2002
- "Electronic Filing for Foreign Issuers", Israel High-Tech Investor, November 2001
- "Disclosing What's Behind That 'Buy' Recommendation", Israel High-Tech Investor, September 2001
- "The Repurchase Option", Israel High-Tech Investor, May 2001
- "Public to Private and Back Again", Israel High-Tech Investor, April 2001
- "Quick Switch", Los Angeles Daily Journal, March 2001
- "New Rules for Annual Reports", Israel High-Tech Investor, February-March 2001
- "Switching from Public to Private Offerings, and Vice Versa", Legal Update, February 8, 2001
- "Clearing Insider Trades", Israel High-Tech Investor, January 2001
- "Disclosure for All", Israel High-Tech Investor, November 2000
- "The SEC: New Initiatives," 2008 Association of Corporate Counsel Israel Annual Conference, Tel Aviv, Israel, June 17, 2008
- "An Update of Corporate Responsibility and Disclosure Requirements," The Legal Council, Washington, D.C., October 2, 2003
- "Watch Out for SOX - The Application of Sarbanes-Oxley to Non-U.S. Companies and Their Lawyers," London Symposium, Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., April 28, 2003
- American Bar Association
- Business Law Section
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York