Norton Rose Fulbright Canada LLP
Related services and key industries
Evelyn Li's practice focuses on special situations, mergers and acquisitions, securities law, and general corporate and commercial matters. She has experience working with clients in various industries, including with boards and special committees on take-over bids and proxy contests. She also has extensive experience leading cross-functional and cross-border client and project teams.
Ms. Li has advised clients on complex and high-stakes purchase and sale transactions, financings and corporate reorganizations. She also regularly advises issuers in corporate governance and ongoing compliance matters.
Ms. Li is a member and supporter of our Toronto student committee, Women in Norton Rose (WiN) network and PRIDE network. She has participated as a speaker and moderator in both firm and external corporate governance, career development and diversity and inclusion panels.
LL.B., Queen's University, 2005
B.Com., University of British Columbia, 1999
- Ontario 2006
Ms. Li acted recently for the following clients:
- TransAlta Renewables Inc. in the internal reorganization and C$260 million senior bonds financing secured by wind farm assets in New Brunswick of its indirect majority-owned subsidiary, Kent Hills Wind LP
- TransAlta Corporation in the internal reorganization and C$206 million senior secured floating rate bonds financing of its indirect wholly owned subsidiary, TAPC Holdings LP
- TransAlta Renewables Inc. in the internal reorganization and C$159 million senior amortizing bonds financing of its indirect wholly owned subsidiary, New Richmond Wind L.P.
- TransAlta Renewables Inc. in the internal reorganization and C$442 million senior secured bond financing of its indirect wholly owned subsidiary, Melancthon Wolfe Wind LP
- A global pharmaceutical client in connection with the global internal reorganization of its consumer healthcare business in Canada
- Smoothwater Capital Corporation with its acquisition of Equity Financial Holdings Inc. (since renamed Haventree Bank) and its OSFI-regulated mortgage lending business
- Ninepoint Financial Group Inc. in its management-led buyout of the Canadian diversified asset business of Sprott Asset Management LP and certain accounts managed by Sprott Private Wealth LP
- Icahn Enterprises LLP in connection with its US$340 million acquisition of the US automotive aftermarket product distribution business of TSX‑listed Uni‑Select Inc.
- Special committee of KEYreit in connection with its defence against a hostile takeover bid by Huntingdon Capital Corp.
- Telus Corporation in connection with its shareholder dispute with a hedge fund
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory, 2021: recommended in Mergers & Acquisitions
- Canadian Bar Association
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- Ontario Bar Association
- Young Women in Law
Publication | April 14, 2020 - 12 PM ET
Webinar | March 19, 2020