Paul Weber is a project finance lawyer who has worked on a broad range of matters related to project financings, acquisitions, dispositions and privatizations, internationally and in the United States. Mr. Weber has represented developers, lenders, private equity funds, equipment suppliers and others in the development, financing, acquisition and disposition of infrastructure projects in more than 20 countries. His work includes transactions in the renewables, power, oil and gas, petrochemical and transportation sectors. Mr. Weber is a member of the Firm's US Management Committee.
JD, University of Michigan Law School, 1984
BA, Columbia University, Columbia College, 1981
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services, Inc. in the acquisition from Enel Green Power North America, Inc. of a 49% interest in a portfolio of 46 renewable energy projects.
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services, Inc. in the sale of its interest in the 550 MW Desert Sunlight photovoltaic solar power project in Riverside County, California.
- Represented Alterra Power Corp. in its acquisition of the 320 MW Boswell Springs wind power project in Wyoming and the 200 MW Flat Top wind project in Texas
- Represented Alterra Power Corp. in the construction and tax equity financing of the 204 MW Shannon wind project in Texas
- Represented a sponsor in the acquisition and financing of the approximately 550 MW Desert Sunlight photovoltaic solar power project.
- Represented Caithness Shepherds Flat LLC in the financing of the approximately US$2 billion 845 MW Caithness Shepherds Flat wind power project in Oregon.
- Represented a subsidiary of Goldman Sachs & Co. and two other owners in the sale of Solar Gen 2 LLC, the owner of a 150 MW solar photovoltaic power project in the Imperial Valley in California.
- Represented Quantum Utility Generation in the financing of the Passadumkeag Wind Farm in Maine.
- Represented MetLife in the tax equity financing of the 110 MW Keechi Creek Wind Farm in Jack County, Texas.
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services, Inc. and Union Bank N.A. in the acquisition from EDF Renewable Development, Inc. of an equity interest in the approximately 161 MW Spinning Spur Two Wind Farm in Texas.
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services, Inc. in connection with the acquisition from Enel Green Power North America, Inc. of an equity interest in the 235 MW Chisholm View Wind Farm in Oklahoma.
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services, Inc. in connection with the acquisition from Enel Green Power North America, Inc. of an equity interest in the approximately 200 MW Prairie Rose Wind Farm in Minnesota.
- Represented MetLife in the acquisition and financing of the Long Island Solar Farm, a 32 MW solar photovoltaic power project located at Brookhaven National Laboratory in New York.
- Represented MetLife and Longsol LLC in the acquisition and financing of the Webberville Solar Farm, a 35 MW solar photovoltaic power project in Webberville, Texas.
- Represented MetLife in the financing of and equity investment in the 20 MW Ilumina photovoltaic solar power project in Guayama, Puerto Rico.
- Represented GE Energy Financial Services, Inc., as lender, in connection with the leveraged lease financing of the King City Cogeneration Facility, an 80 MW gas-fired power plant developed by Calpine Corporation.
- Represented HSBC in connection with the construction and term loan financing of the Whirlwind wind power project in Texas.
- Represented LS Power Associates in connection with the US$1 billion financing of the 665 MW Plum Point coal-fired power project in Arkansas.
- Represented the equity investors in connection with the development and financing of the Hudson Transmission Project, a 660 MW underwater transmission line between New York City and New Jersey.
- Represented the equity investors in connection with the development and financing of Neptune Transmission Project, a 660 MW undersea transmission line between Long Island, New York and New Jersey.
- Represented a commercial bank syndicate in the restructuring of certain loans to Aguas Argentina S.A.
- Represented an affiliate of AES Frontier Ltd. in the acquisition and financing of a barge-mounted power project in Nigeria.
- Representation of Citibank N.A. and Credit Suisse in the US$675 million financing of the Mega petrochemical project in Argentina and subsequent restructurings.
- Represented Aquila Inc. in connection with its acquisition of Midlands Electricity plc.
- Represented ABB Structured Finance in the financing of a substantial equity investment in the Ohanet liquefied petroleum gas facility in Algeria.
- Acted as lead international attorney to the consortium developing the 1,400 MW Itá hydroelectric project in Brazil.
- Represented The AES Corporation and Houston Industries in their successful bid in the privatization of Rio Light, the electric utility company for Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Rankings and recognitions
- "New York Green Bank Opens for Business - NYSERDA, loan guarantees," Project Finance Newswire, April 2014
- "Risk Allocation in Wind Projects," Project Finance NewsWire, December 2004
- "Current Issues in Construction Contracts," Project Finance NewsWire, December 2001
- Co-author, "South Africa Restructures Its Power Sector," Project Finance NewsWire, April 2001
- "Infocast Coal-to-Liquid Finance & Development Summit," New York, NY, June 4 – 6, 2007
- "Solar Finance & Investment Conference," San Diego, CA, May 9 – 11, 2007
- "Negotiating and Documenting the Key Biofuels Project Agreements, Ethanol & Biodiesel Project Finance: The Tutorial," Chicago, IL, November 1 – 3, 2006
Memberships and activities
- Fellow, American College of Investment Counsel
The New York Green Bank that opened for business in February could broaden the potential rooftop solar market in New York through the use of credit enhancement to allow systems put on the roofs of....
April 01, 2014
The developer of a windpower project must contend with many risks that may not affect a more conventional power plant....
December 01, 2004
Chadbourne & Parke LLP represented the senior construction loan lenders, Citibank, N.A. and HSBC Bank USA, National Association, and the back-leverage lender, CIT Bank, N.A....
February 18, 2016
Chadbourne Advises Alterra Power on Shannon Wind Farm Project\nChadbourne & Parke LLP has advised Alterra Power on a series of transactions related to the Shannon wind farm, a renewable energy....
December 15, 2015