Partner Brian Devine's practice focuses on the representation of financial institutions and borrowers, with a particular emphasis on maritime related assets.
Brian counsels clients in the United States and internationally in areas such as: finance and security arrangements; insolvency matters; mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures; debt and equity offerings; sale and purchase; international commercial transactions and disputes; and corporate governance and structure.
Brian's representative experience in ship finance and corporate matters includes representing international (such as Republic of the Marshall Islands and Liberian) and domestic financial institutions and vessel owners in the acquisition, finance, registration, enforcement, joint venture, offering and other transactional documents as well as the formation, restructuring and mergers of offshore and domestic entities. He has also handled matters involving international taxation and commercial litigation; general commercial litigation and bankruptcy; and administrative law.
1997 - J.D., University of Houston Law Center
1995 - B.S., Political Science, University of Scranton
1995 - B.A., History, University of Scranton
- Counsel to syndicate of banks on a New York law US$760m facility to finance a fleet newly constructed vessel.
- Counsel to US fund in relation to the formation of a joint venture-owning entity and the acquisition and financing of a specialized newly built offshore construction supply vessel.
- Counsel to bank on a New York law US$105 million loan transaction to finance fleet of vessels.
- Counsel to bank on New York law US$35 million loan transaction to finance vessels.
- Counsel to US fund on $100+ million series of vessel financings.
- Marshall Islands
- New Jersey State Bar License
- New York State Bar License
Rankings and recognitions
- Chambers Global, USA: Shipping (Foreign Expert), Chambers & Partners, 2014-2016
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: Transportation: Shipping: Finance, Chambers & Partners, 2013
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Asset Financing & Leasing, The Legal 500, 2014-2016
- The Irish Legal 100, Irish Voice, 2015
- Who's Who Legal, Transport - Shipping, 2016
Memberships and activities
- New York Maritime (NYMAR)
- Director (2010 - present)
- Hellenic American Chamber of Commerce
- President - Present
- Executive VP (2015 - 2016)
- Director (2008 - 2015)
- Annual Joint Shipping Conference with Norwegian American Chamber of Commerce
- Co-Chair (2010 - present)
- Vice President
Hanjin Shipping Co, one of the world's largest cargo shipping companies....
September 16, 2016
The transport sector is anticipating further growth and is primed for consolidation. Over the next five years, China, India and the United States will be key markets for investment..
July 07, 2015
The ninth annual Irish Legal 100 features five of our US lawyers among "the most accomplished and distinguished lawyers of Irish descent.".
November 04, 2016
48% of respondents to the Norton Rose Fulbright The way ahead Transport survey believe Asia Pacific offers the best investment opportunities over the next five years..
July 06, 2016