Our London acquisition finance and corporate lending practice advises banks and other debt providers, financial advisers, private equity sponsors and corporate borrowers on a range of finance issues.
“The level of partner involvement you get is greater than I have typically experienced with other firms.” Chambers UK, 2016
We assist clients with all forms of acquisition finance, covering the structuring and documentation of sponsor led leveraged buy-outs, corporate led acquisitions, bid financings and investment grade financings. Our experience spans the full lifecycle of both large and mid-market transactions, including exit financings and restructurings.
Our finance lawyers advise on a wide range of products covering various types of senior or subordinated debt, including mezzanine, high yield hybrid instruments and PIK debt. Our global footprint enables us to cover the full spectrum of local law matters and multi-jurisdictional advice across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
- A combination of strong market awareness, commercial drive, sector knowledge and years of experience; marking us out from other legal practices in this field.
- Experience in advising major banks and other debt providers, corporate borrowers, financial advisers and private equity sponsors on all forms of acquisition and leveraged finance.
- Particular strength in innovative and complex structures in emerging markets.
Our areas of work include
- bid financings
- corporate led acquisitions
- exit financings
- hybrid instruments
- investment grade financings
- leveraged buy-outs (LBOs)
- PIK debt
- private equity
- senior debt
- trade purchases
- warranted and warrantless mezzanine.
Our recent work
- Advised AXA on the £2.8bn disposal of its UK life insurance business to Resolution, including advising on the vendor financing arrangements.