Our London private equity team forms an integral part of our global corporate, M&A and securities group, collaborating with our private equity and corporate lawyers throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East.
‘The ‘highly commercial’ Norton Rose Fulbright provides ‘an impressive, partner-level service’. Legal 500 2014
Our private equity practice covers each stage of the investment lifecycle, including fund formation and structuring, investments into funds, buy-outs, public-to-private transactions, portfolio management (including ‘buy and build’ strategies), growth capital investments and liquidity events by way of sale, recapitalisation or IPO. We work for a range of prominent clients, including local and global funds, management teams, corporates, financial advisers, and debt providers across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare.
- A deep understanding of the investment cycle, including specific sector knowledge and insight.
- Advice which is commercial, clear and concise.
- Experience gained through longstanding relationships with the private equity industry, domestically and internationally.
- A track record advising on complex and high value transactions.
- A thorough knowledge of global regulatory frameworks (current and proposed) affecting the private equity sector.
Our areas of work include
- all aspects of fund formation
- acquisitions and exits (including IPOs)
- equity incentive arrangements
- reorganisations and partial liquidity events
- portfolio management
Our recent work
- Advising Denham Capital, the US energy and commodities private equity firm, and its partners on the sale of the entire issued share capital of Dutch Incorporated Fotowatio Renewable Ventures B.V. (FRV) to Abdul Latif Jameel.
- Advising AnaCap Financial Partners on:
- the sale of Simply Business (a UK based online insurance distributor) to Aquiline Capital Partners
- the acquisition of AssurOne (a French on-line insurance broker from various private equity funds and individuals
- the acquisition of Brightside Group plc (a UK based insurance broker) by way of a take-private transaction
- Advising Monterey Capital II S.a.r.l (Monterey), a Terra Firma group company, on its £555 million recommended cash acquisition of Infinis Energy plc.
- Advising a consortium of international financial investors in relation to the acquisition of the entire issued share capital of Fawry, the leading electronic bill and payment platform in Egypt, for approximately US$ 100 million.
- Advising Deliveroo on four successful funding rounds led by Index Ventures, Accel, Greenoaks Capital and Digital Sky Technologies.Advising Aquiline Capital Partners LLC, a New York-based private equity firm investing in financial services, on its investment for a majority of the equity in Beach & Associates, a leading independent and global specialist reinsurance intermediary.
- Advising Development Partners International, AfricInvest Capital Partners, FMO, PROPARCO and DEG on the auction sale of listed Nigerian insurer, Mansard Insurance Plc for €193 million, representing one of the most successful private equity exits in Africa to date.
- Advising Kane Holdings Limited (a CBPE Capital portfolio company) on the sale of its captive insurance management business to Arthur J. Gallagher & Co.
- Advising on the sale of 100% of the issued share capital of Taura Holdings by its shareholders – including Australian-based private equity firm CHAMP Ventures – to listed Israel-based Frutarom Industries Ltd for approximately US$70m.
- Advising One Peak Partners and Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital in relation to their investment (alongside Goldman Sachs) into HighQ Solutions Limited, a leading software, service collaboration and content management solution business.
- Advising the management shareholders on the auction sale of Siblu (the largest operator of holiday parks in France) by Bridgepoint Development Capital to Stirling Square Capital Partners.
- Advising Norwegian development finance institution Norfund and private equity fund Norfinance AS on their acquisition of a 12.223% interest in Equity Bank from leading sub-Saharan focussed private equity firm Helios Investment Partners for approximately US$220 million.