Lawyers in the Norton Rose Fulbright alternative energy team address a host of legal issues that arise in the alternative energy—or clean technology—arena, including the generation of electricity from renewable energy sources, the production of alternative fuels and the development of clean technology.
The Norton Rose Fulbright alternative energy lawyers are experienced in these types of projects in both the US and in international markets.
Because of the depth of Norton Rose Fulbright's alternative energy team, we are able to offer clients a cross-disciplined approach to the alternative energy markets with an active team in a number of industry segments.
Alternative energy's industry segments
- energy efficiency
- LEED buildings
- transmission and smart grid
- waste-to-energy (energy-from-waste)
- wave, tidal and current energy
Types of alternative energy clients
The Norton Rose Fulbright team has served a broad array of clients, with a deep understanding of the industry in regions around the world.
Our clients include:
- engineering and construction contractors
- hedge and private equity funds
- investment banks
- investors (tax and equity)
- land owners
- lenders (public, private and multilateral)
- project developers
Our alternative energy services
Norton Rose Fulbright provides the full spectrum of services to clients in alternative energy, including:
- finance, including government grants and loan guarantees
- intellectual property
- mergers and acquisitions
- project development
- regulatory & permitting
Norton Rose Fulbright has represented several clients in applying for US Department of Energy loan guarantees as well as Department of Treasury and Department of Agriculture grants.
Awards and accolades
- Chambers Global, USA: Projects: Power*, Chambers & Partners, 2017 (*Chambers & Partners ranked Chadbourne & Parke in this category prior to its combination with Norton Rose Fulbright)
- Chambers USA, Nationwide Projects: Power*, Chambers & Partners, 2017 (*Chambers & Partners ranked Chadbourne & Parke in this category prior to its combination with Norton Rose Fulbright)
- Chambers Global, Global-wide: Projects & Energy: Power, Chambers & Partners, 2015