Norton Rose Fulbright's patent team has the depth of skill and breadth of experience to respond to business needs and address technological matters in any dispute or transaction.
Norton Rose Fulbright's patent lawyers bring together the best of both worlds—litigators who have the trial experience to convey highly technical matters and patent lawyers who have the technical prowess to field any IP issues.
The firm's patent lawyers have handled complex patent cases for both patent holders and accused infringers in federal jurisdictions across the country and in arbitration tribunals; they routinely appear in the most active patent litigation jurisdictions.
Through many years of litigating patent matters, Norton Rose Fulbright's patent lawyers are skilled in communicating complicated technical and legal issues to judges and juries. In addition, the firm's lawyers hold degrees in a number of technical areas and concentrate in various aspects of patent law resulting in a thorough approach to any dispute.
Also, the Norton Rose Fulbright Biosciences Litigation Team ranks among the largest, most technologically capable and experienced sections in the country devoted to bioscience and chemical technology and patent litigation.
Norton Rose Fulbright's patent lawyers are consistently ranked one of the top filers of original patent applications each year, prosecuting patents across all technologies for clients ranging from Fortune 100 corporations to start-ups, with in-depth experience in mechanical and medical devices, computer hardware and software and bioscience and chemical technology.
The Norton Rose Fulbright patent lawyers go beyond the prosecution stage, helping clients accomplish their business objectives from the conception of an invention to its commercialization.
The firm's patent lawyers, comprised of former scientists and engineers, handle all aspects surrounding the prosecution of a patent including:
- analyzing new technology patentability,
- filing and prosecuting US and foreign patent applications and
- auditing and managing patent portfolios.
Patent transactions and licensing
As IP issues increasingly drive many of today's transactions, clients around the world depend on our intellectual property team to handle the many IP matters underlying their business operations.
Norton Rose Fulbright's IP transactional lawyers have decades of experience handling a wide variety of transactional and licensing matters involving all types of patent issues in a wide range of businesses. The firm's experience includes:
- due diligence
- joint development agreements
- mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures
- security interests
- technology transfers
- employment and consulting contracts
- confidentiality agreements
- freedom-to-operate opinions
Awards and accolades
- IP Stars, Americas - US, Patent Prosecution, PTAB Litigation, Managing Intellectual Property, 2016
- Best Law Firms, Tier 1 national rankings for copyright law, intellectual property litigation, patent litigation, patent law and trademark law, US News & World Report and Best Lawyers, 2016
- Chambers Global, US: Intellectual Property: Patent, Chambers & Partners, 2016
- Legal 500 US, Nationwide: Intellectual Property: Patent Litigation (Full Coverage), The Legal 500, 2016
- IAM Patent 1000, leading Texas patent practice, Gold Band, Litigation, Intellectual Asset Management 2015
- IAM Patent 1000, leading Texas patent practice, Recommended, Prosecution, Intellectual Asset Management 2015
- IAM Patent 1000, leading Texas patent practice, Recommended, Transactions, Intellectual Asset Management 2015
- IAM Patent 1000, leading Texas patent practice, Intellectual Asset Management, 2016