We know that a vast amount of intellectual property consists of confidential information that is not subject to the protection of patent, copyright or trademark laws. These assets may be protected under the body of trade secret law.
Norton Rose Fulbright's intellectual property team stands ready to assist clients in protecting their trade secrets. The firm's trade secret services include:
- protecting and defending businesses in legal actions that involve trade secrets
- preparing and developing confidentiality agreements and policy manuals for business owners and their employees
- negotiating licensing and assignment agreements involving the sharing or joint development of trade secrets
- assessing the best type of protection for a business's information, be it a copyright, trademark, patent or trade secret
Experienced in international intellectual property forums as well as national forums, Norton Rose Fulbright's lawyers can ensure that a business's trade secrets are protected around the world.
As skilled negotiators, the firm's IP lawyers can help businesses prepare critical agreements to protect their business interests, be they licensing, assignment, franchise, non-compete or confidentiality agreements.
Trade secret litigation
Whether the issue is protecting a client's trade secrets or defending them from misappropriation claims, Norton Rose Fulbright's intellectual property lawyers draw from decades of litigation experience in US federal and state courts throughout the country.
Trade secret transactions
Norton Rose Fulbright's intellectual property lawyers have experience handling a wide variety of transactional and licensing matters involving all types of trade secret issues. Their experience includes:
- confidentiality and nondisclosure agreements
- noncompetition employee agreements
- mergers and acquisitions
- joint ventures
- asset transfers