Norton Rose Fulbright US Consultores em Direito Estrangeiro
Related services and key industries
Diego Brandao's practice concentrates on representing international clients in connection with corporate transactions, finance, securities, derivatives and international trade. He is also ranked as a rising star by IFLR. From 2008 to 2011, Mr. Brandao was an in-house counsel in the International Legal Department of Banco Votorantim S.A. in São Paulo, Brazil.
MBA, Finance, Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa (INSPER), 2018
LL.M, Duke University School of Law, 2011
LL.B, Pontifical Catholic University of São Paulo, 2006
- New York State Bar
- Acted for the sponsor in relation to the combined US$300 million+ project financings for two parallel wind farm projects in Peru in relation to which financing was provided by three European developments agencies, US-Exim, CAF and various commercial lenders.
- Acted for the arranger in relation to separate US$225million and US$255 million syndicated structured trade credit facilities for Braskem S.A.
- Acted for the lead arranger in relation to a US$100 million syndicated L/C issuance facility, which won the GTR Best Deal of 2013 by Global Trade Review.
- Acted for a Brazilian investment bank in relation to five separate structured total return equity swaps.
- Acted for the sponsor in connection to a US$470 million project financing for the acquisition and chartering of a drilling rig to be chartered to a Brazilian state oil company.
- Acted for a Dutch development bank in relation to a US$20 million, a US$15 million and a US$12 million pre-export financing facilities for three Argentine agricultural producers.
- Acted for the lenders of a US$25 million secured pre-export finance facility for a Brazilian sugar and ethanol producer.
- Acted for a Brazilian gas distribution company in relation to a US$80 million loan from a Japanese bank.
- Acted for a Brazilian petrochemicals company in relation to a US$350 million syndicated standby credit facility.
- Acted for the lead arranger in connection with a secured US$61 million financing for an Argentine energy company, for the construction of a 75 MW power generation plant in Argentina.
- Acted for the lenders in relation to a US$30 million pre-export finance facility for a Brazilian agricultural producer.
- Acted for the sponsor in connection to the hedging agreements related to the acquisition and financing of a solar power project in California.
- Currently representing Banco Internacional del Peru S.A. - Interbank, a Peruvian financial institution, in the negotiation of ISDA Master Agreements, its Schedules and Credit Support Annexes with different counterparties.
- Acted for the issuer in connection with an offer and issuance of US$610 million in new Rule 144A/Regulation S notes for a Colombian electricity and natural gas sector operator.
- Advised Bancolombia S.A., a Colombian financial institution, in connection with Repurchase Agreements and ISDA Master Agreements.
- Acted for Compañía Minera Milpo S.A.A., a Peruvian mining company, as borrower in a $130 million corporate financing arranged by Banco Bilbao Vizcaya Argentaria, S.A. New York branch.
- Acted, as internal counsel for Banco Votorantim S.A., as lead arranger and lender, in connection with the debt restructuring of Grupo Schahin S.A., one of Brazil's largest engineering and construction companies, in an amount of US$475 million involving 13 financial institutions.
- Acted, as internal counsel, in the negotiation procedures for recovering collateral held by Lehman Brothers (International) Europe with respect to several derivatives transactions.
- The Best Lawyers in Brazil, Corporate and M&A law, Best Lawyers, 2020
- Rising Star, Banking and M&A - Brazil, IFLR1000, Euromoney Institutional Investor PLC, 2016 - 2020
US: Norton Rose Fulbright advises Alupar in nine-figure project financing for Colombian transmission line
August 18, 2020
January 06, 2020
December 06, 2019