Office Administrative Partner, Houston
Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Kevin O'Gorman is the Administrative Partner for Norton Rose Fulbright's Houston office. He is recognized in the United States and globally for his expertise in international arbitration, domestic arbitration and international litigation. Kevin has particular experience with commercial, corporate, energy, sovereign, treaty and construction disputes. He has handled cases under the AAA, CPR, ICC, ICDR, ICSID, JAMS, and LCIA arbitration rules, as well as ad hoc disputes under the UNCITRAL arbitration rules. He has also appeared in numerous U.S. courts. In addition to his client work, Kevin has served as arbitrator in domestic and international cases for over a decade.
Kevin serves on the Board of Trustees of the Center for American and International Law, and on the boards of organizations in the areas of law, foreign affairs and healthcare. He has held senior leadership positions on the ABA Section of International Law and State Bar of Texas Section of International Law.
Earlier in his career, Kevin served as Team Leader and Senior Legal Secretary to the Claims Resolution Tribunal for Dormant Accounts in Switzerland. The Tribunal decided international claims to dormant Holocaust-era bank accounts. At the CRT, he led a team of international lawyers and was a member of the Tribunal's Policy Committee. Kevin clerked for the Honorable Howell Cobb, US District Judge for the Eastern District of Texas, after law school.
Kevin is admitted to practice law in Texas, New York and England and Wales (Solicitor). He is a Life Fellow of the American, Texas and Houston Bar Foundations.
JD, cum laude, University of Michigan Law School, 1993
Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms-Universität, Bonn, Germany (Bundestag Scholarship), 1989-1990
BA, magna cum laude, University of Houston Honors College, 1989
Kevin is admitted in Texas, New York and England and Wales (Solicitor), and the U.S. Supreme Court, the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the Third and Fifth Circuits, and the U.S. District Courts for the Southern, Eastern, Northern and Western Districts of Texas.
- New York State Bar
- Texas State Bar
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Defended US energy company in ad hoc arbitration arising from a purchase and sale agreement for a portfolio of offshore assets located in the Gulf of Mexico.
- Represented public energy company in joint operating agreement dispute relating to the decommissioning of a deepwater well and subsea gathering system located in the Gulf of Mexico
- Represented US company in baseball-style price redetermination arbitration regarding long term sale of industrial specialty gas.
- Represented sellers in natural gas pricing dispute in London-based LCIA arbitration.
- Represented Peruvian energy company in ICC emergency arbitrator proceeding and joint operating agreement dispute.
- Represented Swiss trading company and Russian energy company in related London UNCITRAL arbitrations relating to long-term crude oil supply contract with Central European oil refiner
- Represented Canadian utility in coal supply dispute against its supplier who claimed force majeure based on expropriation by Latin American country
- Represented Canadian oil company in ICC arbitration concerning disputed ownership interest in West African offshore oil field
- Represented drilling company in ICDR arbitration against Eurasian state-owned energy company regarding drilling operations
- Represented offshore energy exploration company in arbitration under the AAA's International Rules in joint operating agreement dispute relating to the development of oil and gas field in China
- Representing international energy company in an ongoing NAFTA arbitration against the Government of Canada under the ICSID Arbitration Rules.
- Defended international oilfield services company in UNCITRAL arbitration brought by Caribbean state-owned entity relating to drilling services.
- Defended West African state oil company and its officers in US District Court case in which plaintiff sought $1 billion in damages for alleged bribery of an international arbitration tribunal in Geneva; the US Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit affirmed the District Court's dismissal of all claims.
- Represented US electricity company in ICSID arbitration regarding Latin American State's tax assessments on client's electricity generating subsidiary
- Represented US power generation company against Latin American State-controlled entity in a contractual dispute under the UNCITRAL arbitration rules in Geneva based on transmission costs agreement
- Advised client with operations impacted by West African maritime boundary dispute.
- Advice to investors, states and government agencies regarding host country instruments and bilateral and multilateral investment treaties, (including NAFTA, CAFTA-DR and the Energy Charter Treaty) for investments in North America, South America, Europe, Africa and the Middle East.
- Defense of West African national oil company in action pending in the Southern District of New York. The plaintiff sought $300 million based on an ex parte French judgment against the national oil company. The French judgment was based on an arbitration award issued in west Africa, which itself was subject to Court challenge. The underlying relationship between the parties related to the creation of a strategic reserve of refined petroleum products.
Commercial and Merger & Acquisition Disputes
- Represented Russian energy company in English law, London seat LCIA arbitration arising from failed multi-billion dollar merger with another energy company. While pending, this was reported to be the largest commercial arbitration case in the world.
- Represented international petrochemical company in separate disputes subject to arbitration under LCIA-India Arbitration Rules arising from purchase of petrochemical businesses in India.
- Represented publicly traded energy company in working capital dispute related to the sale of 300,000 barrel/day refinery located in the Caribbean.
- Represented publicly traded transportation company in ICDR arbitration in New York to enforce $400 million agreement to acquire Mexican railroad.
- Defended German industrial concern and its officers in suit brought by the President and controlling shareholder of its US affiliate.
- Represented Russian oil company in landmark US Chapter 11 and Chapter 15 bankruptcy proceedings.
- Represented Eastern European company in ICC arbitrations arising out of financial instruments.
Representative International Litigation
- Defended party in proceedings under 28 U.S.C. 1782 for discovery in aid of arbitration in Delaware and Texas federal courts and on successful appeals before the US Courts of Appeal for the Third and Fifth Circuits.
- Secured dismissal of case brought in Texas state court against Dutch client relating to the alleged failure of a wind power joint venture in China.
- Represented international chemical company in defense of $75 million RICO claim relating to production and marketing of a chemical resin.
- Represented Canadian energy company sued in commercial dispute in Texas state court; after removal to federal court, secured dismissal for lack of personal jurisdiction.
- Representation of left-behind parents in Texas federal courts under the Hague Convention of Civil Aspects on International Child Abduction and the International Child Abduction Remedies Act to secure return of clients' abducted children.
- Advised Asian state company with respect to alien tort statute litigation arising from energy operations in East Africa.
- Defended Spanish water services company in federal and state court in New York from claims arising from failed joint venture in Argentina.
- Representation of employer in a Dubai seat DIAC arbitration against contractor regarding the construction of a large scale residential housing project in Dubai involving issues of delay, prolongation costs and variations.
- Representation of client in engineering, procurement, construction, installation and commissioning contract dispute involving energy platforms offshore West Africa.
- Represented industrial pressure vessel fabricator in LCIA arbitration against international construction firm.
- Represented offshore drilling company in a dispute with Gulf Coast shipyard regarding the construction of large semi-submersible drilling rig.
- Represented client in dispute relating to the construction of interstate fiber optic network.
- Representation of clients regarding court enforcement of arbitration awards relating to power and power plant construction projects in Peru and Guatemala.
Representative Work as Arbitrator
- Co-arbitrator in expedited ICDR Arbitration involving dispute among equal partners/shareholders in 100,000 barrel/day refinery and related trading entity in which the claims exceeded $1.5 billion.
- Co-arbitrator in deepwater Gulf of Mexico operating agreement case; final award was issued within 45 days of the tribunal's constitution, as required by the parties' arbitration agreement.
- Sole arbitrator in international dispute regarding oil field services in China.
- Sole arbitrator in AAA arbitration arising out of agreement to franchise cosmetic services business nationwide.
- Served as tribunal appointed expert on Texas law.
- Arbitrator in commercial, banking, distributorship, and franchise cases.
Technical and Licensing Disputes
- Defending international energy company in arbitration under CPR Non-Administered Arbitration Rules arising from the purchase and sale of a gasification technology and related assets.
- Represented global surveying company against the manufacturer of a defective deep-sea surveying system in ICDR arbitration in Miami.
- Represented publicly traded US computer company in ICC arbitration against German supplier of defective computer equipment.
- Represented leading medical school in intellectual property licensing dispute.
- Represented international software company in dispute with sales and marketing company in Argentina.
- Representation of US company in joint venture dispute with Swiss Company relating to pharmaceutical products in ICC arbitration in Paris.
Maritime and Insurance
- Defending European manufacturer of high grade steel chains in U.S. District Court relating to alleged disruption and delay of oil production in Gulf of Mexico.
- On brief in maritime case before the United States Supreme Court; the unanimous Court, in affirming favorable decisions of the lower courts, held that the doctrine of superseding cause exists in admiralty and is consistent with the Court's earlier adoption of comparative fault principles.
- Represented corporate insured in $100 million dispute arising from hurricane losses subject to ad hoc arbitration in London under New York law.
- Won summary judgment for publicly traded energy services client in offshore maritime personal injury action in Brazoria County, Texas, and maintained favorable judgment on appeal.
- Advised international energy company on insurance subrogation claims arising out of Piper Alpha disaster.
- Best of the Best USA, Commercial Arbitration, Expert Guides, 2009, 2019
- Lawyer of the Year, Houston: International Arbitration - Governmental, Best Lawyers, 2013
- Chambers Global, USA: International Arbitration, Chambers & Partners, 2011, 2013-2019
- Chambers USA, Nationwide: International Arbitration, Chambers & Partners, 2007-2019
- Chambers Latin America, USA: International Arbitration, Chambers & Partners, 2011, 2016
- Who's Who Legal, Who's Who Legal thought leaders - arbitration, Law Business Research Ltd., 2018
- Who's Who Legal, arbitration, Law Business Research Ltd., 2010-2019
- Who's Who Legal, energy, Law Business Research Ltd., 2016-2018
- The Best Lawyers in America, Best Lawyers, International Arbitration - Commercial and International Arbitration - Governmental, 2006 - 2020
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, International Arbitration, The Legal 500, 2011, 2013-2014, 2016-2019
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, International Litigation, The Legal 500, 2017-2019
- Legal 500 Latin America, recommended lawyer, International Firms: International Arbitration, The Legal 500, 2013-2015
- Key partner, Arbitration, Latin Lawyer 250, Law Business Research Ltd., 2019
- Commercial Arbitration Lawyer, Expert Guides, 2008-2009, 2011, 2013, 2016-2017, 2019
- Texas Super Lawyer, Thomson Reuters, 2008-2019
- Texas Super Lawyers, Top 100 lawyers in Houston, Thomson Reuters, 2010, 2014, 2018
- Texas Rising Star, Thomson Reuters, 2004-2007
- 45 Leaders in International Arbitration Under 45 - runner-up, Global Arbitration Review, 2006
- The Irish Legal 100, Irish Voice, 2011-2019
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell, 2012-2014
- Endorsed Arbitration Lawyer, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2009, 2011-2012
- Endorsed Dispute Resolution Lawyer, PLC Which Lawyer?, 2010
- Houston's Top Lawyers, commercial litigation, H Texas magazine, 2011
- Houston's Top Lawyers, business litigation, H Texas magazine, 2013
- US Department of State Certificate of Appreciation - for representation of applicant under the Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction, 2010
- Award of Merit, National Center for Missing and Exploited Children, 2002
- Chair's Special Recognition Award, American Bar Association Section of International Law, 2012
- Vinson & Elkins, Pro Bono Award, 2003
- AV Rated Lawyer, LexisNexis Martindale-Hubbell
- Life Fellow, American Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Texas Bar Foundation
- Life Fellow, Houston Bar Foundation
- Symposium, Emergency Arbitrator Proceedings in Oil & Gas Disputes, 10 World Arb. & Mediation Rev. 207 (2016).
- Co-author, "Arbitration and Joint Operating Agreements: An Overview," in the Leading Practitioners' Guide to International Oil & Gas Arbitration (James M. Gaitis ed., 2015)
- Co-author, "Arbitration and Joint Operating Agreements: An Overview," International Energy and Minerals Arbitration, 10-1, Rocky Mt. Min. L. Fdn., 2013
- Co-author, "The Hague Convention on the Civil Aspects of International Child Abduction: An Update after Abbott," 33 Hous. J. Int'l L. 39, 2010
- "The Revised IBA Rules on the Taking of Evidence in International Arbitration," LCIA News Volume 15, Issue 1, Autumn 2010
- Conference Report, "Netherlands: Weighing the Facts – The Problems of Information Exchange and Presentation of Evidence in International Arbitration," Global Arbitration Review, Vol. 4 No. 4, September 2009
- Co-author, "International Legal Developments in Review: 2006 - International Arbitration," 41 The International Lawyer 251, Summer 2007
- Co-author, "U.S. Fifth Circuit Issues Significant Decision on Arbitrator Disclosure," The Institute of Transnational Arbitration News & Notes, Vol. 21 No. 2, Spring 2007
- Executive Editor, The International Arbitration News, the publication of the International Commercial Dispute Resolution Committee of the American Bar Association's Section of International Law (2000-2004)
- Co-author, "The American Arbitration Association and the International Centre for Dispute Resolution," Arbitration World, J. William Rowley QC ed., 2004
Recent speeches include:
- "Climate Change and the Paris Agreement," 5th Annual GAR Live Energy Disputes conference, London, July 2019
- Arbitration Update, Norton Rose Fulbright's 2nd Annual Business Litigation Summit for in-House Counsel, Houston, November 2018
- Speaker, "Ten Developments You Need to Know in International Arbitration," Association of Corporate Counsel Webinar, July 2018
- Speaker, The Dawn of International Arbitration in the South Pacific. This inaugural international arbitration conference in the South Pacific was sponsored by the Asian Development Bank, The Republic of Fiji, and UNCITRAL and took place in Nadi, Fiji in February 2018
- "Court Assisted Evidence Gathering," Instituto Mexicano de la Mediacion & Norton Rose Fulbright Joint Conference, Houston, Texas, May 2017
- "Choosing the Right Energy Arbitrator," CIArb Energy Arbitration 2017 Conference -- Resolving Energy Disputes in Times of Crisis, Houston, Texas, April 2017
- Panelist, "The Do-Over: Gas Price Revision Arbitration - What We Have Learned," ICDR conference on Effectively Arbitrating Complex Disputes in the Global Energy Sector, Houston, Texas, April 2017
- Lead Instructor, Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association Arbitrator Training Course, Houston, January 2017
- "Commercial Disputes," ICDR/AIPN Conference on Dispute Resolution in the International Oil & Gas Business, Houston, October 2016
- "Climate Change Justice and the IBA Report on Achieving Justice and Human Rights in an Era of Climate Disruption," Client Presentation, Houston, May 2016
- Speaker, Seminar on Investor-State Arbitration, sponsored by the Canada-Colombia Chamber of Commerce, the British and Colombian Chamber of Commerce, the American-Colombian Chamber of Commerce and Norton Rose Fulbright. The Gun Club, Bogota. May 2016
- Emergency Arbitrator Proceedings in Oil & Gas Disputes, 3rd Annual ITA-IEL-ICC Joint Conference on International Energy Arbitration, Houston, January 2016
- Co-Chair, Dispute Resolution Module, 5th IEL/SEERIL International Oil and Gas Law Conference, London, June 2015
- Panelist, "New and old issues regarding joint operating agreements and concession agreements," Seminar on Practical Oil and Gas Issues in International Arbitration, Sao Paolo, Brazil, March 2015
- Moderator, ITA-IEL Forum, 2nd Annual ITA-IEL Joint Conference on International Energy Arbitration, Houston, January 2015
- Lead Instructor, Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association Arbitrator Training Course, Houston, November 2014
- Norton Rose Fulbright 7th Annual Mergers and Acquisitions School, Houston, October 2014
- "Selecting An Energy Arbitrator," ICDR/AIPN Conference on Dispute Resolution in the International Oil & Gas Business, Calgary, October 2014
- Panel Moderator, Institute of Transnational Arbitration Annual Workshop on Modern Enforcement of Arbitration Awards, Dallas, June 2014
- "Arbitration Insights from a Panel of Practitioners," St. Thomas University CLE Luncheon, Houston, April 2014
- "Representing International Clients in U.S. Courts," State Bar of Texas Section of International Law, Houston, March 2014
- Norton Rose Fulbright Sixth Annual Mergers & Acquisitions School, Houston, November 2013
- Presentation on Joint Operating Agreements, Rocky Mountain Mineral Law Foundation Institute on International Energy and Minerals Arbitration, Toronto, September 2013
- The Energy Arbitrators List, 11th Annual ICDR Miami International Arbitration Conference, September 2013
- Global Trends in Dispute Resolution - Latin America and the Eastern Hemisphere, Fulbright Client Seminar, May 2013
- Lead Instructor, Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association Arbitrator Training Course, Houston, Texas, April 2013
- "Trends in International Arbitration," Houston Bar ADR Section, South Texas College of Law, January 2013
- Instituto Mexicano de la Mediación - Fulbright Decennial Anniversary Joint Conference, Houston, June 2012
- "Heightened Competition in the Arbitral Venue Sweepstakes: A U.S. Response to the Challenge?" ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting, New York, April 2012
- Advisor and Speaker, Seminar for a Delegation of Iraqi Government Officials and Judges on arbitration law and legislation, sponsored by the Commercial Law Development Program of the U.S. Department of Commerce in coordination with the Iraqi State Shura Council and funded by the U.S. Department of State, Dubai, United Arab Emirates, April 2012
- "Enforcement of International Arbitration Awards: Practice and Pitfalls," State Bar of Texas International Law Section 24th Annual Institute, Houston, Texas, March 2012
- "Arbitration and Dispute Resolution Clauses," Fulbright Mergers & Acquisition School, Houston, Texas, October 2011
- "Arbitrator Ethics, Disclosure and Challenges," ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting, Washington, DC, April 2011
- "Ethical Pitfalls in International Practice," State Bar of Texas International Law Section 23rd Annual Institute, Houston, Texas, February 2011
- "How to Protect the Deal – What Corporate Lawyers Need to Know About Arbitration," ABA Section of International Law Fall Meeting, Paris, France, November 2010
- Presentation to Marshall Memorial Fellows on the Protection of Foreign Investment, World Affairs Council of Houston, Houston, Texas, October 2010
- Advisor and Speaker, Seminar for a Delegation of Iraqi Judges on Adjudicating Disputes Related to International Commercial Contracts and Financial Transactions, sponsored by the Judicial Development Institute Iraqi Higher Judicial Council and Commercial Law Development Program of the U.S. Department of Commerce and facilitated by the U.S. Department of State, New York, October 2010
- Co-Lead Instructor, Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association Arbitrator Training Course, Houston, Texas, September 2010
- Speaker, Conference on International Commercial Arbitration and International Dispute Resolution for lawyers from Iran, Bahçesehir University, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2010
- Speaker, Conference on International Commercial Arbitration for lawyers and judges from Syria, Bahçesehir University, Istanbul, Turkey, September 2010
- "E-Discovery in International Arbitration," AIJA, ICC and ABA International joint conference, Written Evidence in International Arbitration, Charleston, South Carolina, August 2010
- Introduction of Adrian Winstanley, Director General of the LCIA, LCIA and Fulbright & Jaworski Luncheon, Houston, Texas, June 2010
- "Arbitration as an Alternative to Civil Trials," Houston Mariners Club Symposium on Alternative Dispute Resolution, Houston, Texas, June 2010
- "Doing Business in China: Dispute Resolution, Enforcement and Investment Protection Issues" Fulbright Client Program, Houston, Texas, June 2010
- "Enabling the Proceeding – Court-Assisted Evidence Gathering," Permanent Court of Arbitration, Houston International Arbitration Club and University of Texas School of Law Annual Conference on Arbitration and National Courts, Houston, Texas, May 2010
- Guest Lecturer in International Investor State Arbitration Spring 2010, "Enforcement of International Arbitral Awards Against Sovereign Entities," University of Texas School of Law, Austin, Texas, April 2010
- "Consolidation and Joinder in Arbitration," Columbia Arbitration Day Conference on Aggregate Arbitration, Columbia Law School, New York, New York, April 2010
- "Tailoring Arbitration Procedure: The Preliminary Hearing," State Bar of Texas International Law Section 22nd Annual Institute, Houston, Texas, March 2010
- "Advocacy in Arbitration," North American Branch of the Chartered institute of Arbitrators and South Texas College of Law, Houston, Texas, February 2010
- Introduction of Michael Forbes Smith, Director General of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators. Houston International Arbitration Club, Houston, Texas, February 2010
- Panelist, "The Present and Future of Electronic Disclosure in International Arbitration," Permanent Court of Arbitration, Houston International Arbitration Club and University of Texas Annual Conference on Information Exchange and Presentation of Evidence in Arbitration, The Hague, May 2009
- Introduction of Judge Thomas Buergenthal, International Court of Justice, Houston World Affairs Council and Fulbright & Jaworski program, Houston, Texas, May 2009
- Co-Lead Instructor, Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association Arbitrator Training Course, Houston, Texas, March 2009
- Panelist, "Hot Issues in Attorney-Client Privilege: Investigations and International Issues," Fulbright & Jaworski L.L.P., Houston, Texas, October 2008
- Organized ICC/USCIB Young Arbitrator Forum Seminar and moderated panel, "Advocacy in International Arbitration," Houston, Texas, June 2008
- "Enforcing Arbitral Awards Against Foreign Sovereigns," Conference on Remedies in Commercial, Investment and Energy Arbitrations, hosted by the Permanent Court of Arbitration, The Houston International Arbitration Club and the University of Texas School of Law, Houston, Texas, April 2008
- "What's New in International Arbitration and Litigation – Plus 50 Years of the New York Convention," ABA Section of International Law Spring Meeting, New York, New York, April 2008
- "Enforcing Arbitral Awards Against Foreign Sovereign Entities," New York, New York, January 2008
- Co-Lead Instructor, Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association Arbitrator Training Course, Houston, Texas, November 2007
- "How to Handle Oil and Gas Industry Cases," Fourth Annual Seminar on International Arbitration, American University Washington College of Law, Washington D.C., October 2007
- Co-wrote and appeared in the Institute for Transnational Arbitration's 2007 conference on Complex Energy Disputes, Dallas, Texas
- "A Critical Comparison of Arbitration Under UNCITRAL, ICC, LCIA, ICDR and ICSID Rules," New York, New York, June 2007
- "It Matters Where You Arbitrate," Minneapolis, Minnesota, April 2007
- "The Practice of International Law," University of Houston Law Center, Houston, Texas, October 2006
- "Developments in U.S. Arbitration Law," Fulbright Client Seminar, London, March 2006; Houston, Texas, April 2006
- Board of Trustees, Center for American and International Law
- Board of Directors, World Affairs Council of Greater Houston
- Board of Directors, Houston International Arbitration Club
- Board of Directors, Christus Foundation for HealthCare
- Member, Houston Committee on Foreign Relations
- Board of Directors, Dispute Resolution Center of Harris County, 2003-2005
- Past Governing Director, Houston Symphony
- Past Director and Trustee, Houston Grand Opera
- Co-Chair, Energy Arbitrators List Steering Committee
- Member, ICC Task Force on Arbitration of Climate Change Related Disputes
- American Bar Association Section of International Law
- Former Member of the Council
- Past Chair, Disputes Division; Responsible for oversight of:
- International Arbitration Committee
- International Courts Committee
- International Criminal Law Committee
- International Judicial Affairs Committee
- International Litigation Committee
- International Mediation Committee
- Past Chair, Public International Law (Treaty) Division I; Responsible for oversight of:
- Art and Cultural Heritage Law Committee
- International Life Sciences and Health Law Committee
- National Security Committee
- Private International Law Coordinating Committee, and
- United Nations and International Institutions Coordinating Committee
- Former Liaison to the American Arbitration Association
- International Arbitration Committee
- Senior Advisor (2011 - 2015)
- Immediate Past Chair (2010 - 2011)
- Co-Chair (2008 - 2010)
- Vice Chair (2005 - 2008)
- ABA Representative, United Nations Commission on International Trade Law Working Group II (Arbitration and Conciliation) 50th Session New York 2009
- Arbitrator Panel Member:
- American Arbitration Association, National Roster & Energy Panel
- Large, Complex Case Panel
- Energy Panel
- Cairo Regional Centre for International Commercial Arbitration
- Energy Arbitrators List
- Houston Maritime Arbitrators Association
- International Centre for Dispute Resolution
- British Virgin Islands International Arbitration Centre
- State Bar of Texas
- Council Member of the Section of International Law (2010 - 2013)
- Past Chair, District 4E Grievance Committee
- CPR - International Institute for Conflict Prevention & Resolution
- Arbitration Committee
- Energy, Oil & Gas Committee
- American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative
- Legal Specialist, Middle East and North Africa, Fall 2010
- United States Department of State
- Hague Child Abduction Convention Attorney Network
- Adjunct Professor, University of Houston Law Center
- Spring 2008: International Law of Foreign Investment
- ICC / USCIB Young Arbitrator Forum, Steering Committee (2007 - 2011)
- Houston International Arbitration Club, Founding Member
- Institute for International and Comparative Law, Advisory Board
- Institute of Transnational Arbitration, Advisory Board
- Law Society of England and Wales
- Chartered Institute of Arbitrators, Member (MCIArb)
- London Court of International Arbitration (LCIA)
- Swiss Arbitration Association
- Association of International Petroleum Negotiators
- International Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Diploma, Trial Advocacy Skills, National Institute of Trial Advocacy
- Former Contributing Editor, Michigan Journal of International Law
- Assistant to Herbert Helmrich, Member of the German Bundestag and Chairman of the Legal Committee (1990)
- Assistant Liaison to the Canadian Delegation, 1990 G-7 Summit of Industrialized Nations
November 07, 2019
August 22, 2019
Publication | October 2018
Publication | June 2017