The strength of our global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency practice lies in our multidisciplinary experience and international reach. Based throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, our bankruptcy lawyers handle some of the most complex and sensitive domestic and cross-border assignments across the globe.
We have represented major interests in some of the world’s most high-profile bankruptcy and workout cases, including the US Trustee of Lehman Brothers Inc., JPMorgan Chase, Bank of America, Citibank, the Commonwealth Bank of Australia, the Royal Bank of Canada, NextEra Energy, Japan Airlines, Nortel Networks and Export Import Bank of China.
Our lawyers have an impressive record of achieving successful outcomes in bankruptcy proceedings throughout the world, and are active in all areas of financial restructurings and insolvencies in matters ranging from the largest multi-national mega-cases to significant regional businesses. Our global team has further been strengthened by our June 2017 combination with Chadbourne & Parke, which also has a strong reputation of excellence in the global bankruptcy, financial restructuring and insolvency sector.
Our areas of work include
- Bankruptcy investigations and examiner representation
- Chapter 11 debtor and trustee representation
- Complex loan restructurings
- Cross-border insolvency representation
- Debtor-in-possession and exit financings
- Dispute resolution and litigation
- Energy sector restructurings
- Executory contracts, leases, intellectual property licenses and forward, swap and trading contracts
- Financial institutions, funds and creditor representation
- Lender liability
- Municipal restructuring and bankruptcy
- Official creditors’ committee representation
- Pre-packaged, pre-negotiated and traditional plans
- Sale and purchase of distressed assets, debt and portfolios
- Valuation and solvency proceedings
Awards and accolades
- Legal 500 EMEA, The Netherlands: Restructuring and Insolvency, The Legal 500, 2019