WebinarGlobal Accreditation 0.50 CLE | September 24, 2020 | 10:00 - 11:00 ET
Our M&A outlook webinar series is focused on providing deal principals and advisors with practical tips on how to succeed on various transactions.
Please join our cross-border team on September 24 as we discuss recent developments, trends and strategies in foreign investment reviews of M&A transactions in the United States, European Union, United Kingdom, Canada and Australia.
Topics will include:
- Changes to CFIUS reviews of M&A transactions under FIRRMA
- The EU's new framework to coordinate FDI screening by EU member states and the proposed EU notification requirement for M&A transactions "facilitated" by foreign subsidies
- Numerous actual and proposed changes to the UK's FDI review rules
- Enhanced screening of foreign investment in Canada
- The impact of the Coronavirus pandemic
- Strategic considerations for parties contemplating M&A transactions
Glenn Hall, Head Government Relations and Public Policy, London
Jay Modrall, Partner, Brussels
Rujuta Patel, Partner, Calgary
Stefan Reisinger, Partner, Washington, DC
Continuing education information
British Columbia: This program has been accredited for 1.0 general CPD hour with the society of British Columbia.
Ontario: Ontario qualified lawyers may claim 1 substantive hour towards their annual CPD requirement.
Québec: This program contains 1 hour of content. If you watch the webinar in its entirety, you can download your certificate of attendance that may be submitted to your professional order.
United States: This program has been approved for .50 CLE credits in California, Texas and New York.