Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Talbot has dual degrees in electrical engineering and biomedical engineering, enabling him to quickly become familiar with various technologies in both patent litigation and patent prosecution. Prior to practicing law, Talbot served as a Naval Officer forward deployed on US military vessels in the Western Pacific and Indian Oceans. Talbot's military experience makes him an extraordinary case and project manager for complex patent litigation matters.
Talbot's patent litigation experience includes various matters in the U.S. International Trade Commission, the Eastern District of Texas, the Western District of Texas, the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB), and foreign and domestic trade commission proceedings. Talbot is also experienced in patent licensing issues, including claims concerning competition law, standard essential patents, and fair reasonable and non-discriminatory (FRAND) licensing commitments.
Talbot also maintains an active patent prosecution docket that includes foreign and US applications. Talbot is particularly familiar with computer/graphics processor architectures, microelectronics, analog and digital signal processing (both electrical and optical systems), cellular communications (and related standards), various bio-mechanical and bio-electrical systems and devices (including micro-electromechanical systems (MEMS)), and semiconductor fabrication techniques and machinery.
JD, with honors, The University of Texas at Austin
BE, magna cum laude, Biomedical & Electrical Engineering, Vanderbilt University
- Texas State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Defense of patent infringement allegations in the International Trade Commission (ITC) and Federal District Courts.
- Drafted and worked on patent applications for major digital memory clients.
- Patent prosecution and litigation experience requiring an in depth understanding of:
- Network protocols
- Graphics processing
- Microprocessor architectures
- Digital and analog circuit designs
- Biomedical devices
- Chemical plant design and processing
- Researched and drafted various predictive papers regarding specific clients' patent litigation matters.
- Protected artist from potential copyright infringement when artwork was inadvertently sold by a third party.
- Texas Rising Stars, Intellectual Property Litigation, Thomson Reuters, 2019
- SAME Student Leadership Medal, Society of American Military Engineers, 2006
- "A reminder from the PTAB that pro hac vice admission is not automatic," Patent Challenges, January 14, 2015
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society
- Society of American Military Engineers (SAME)
- Association of Computing Machinery (ACM)
- Keeping up with Black Duck Open Source Software Solutions
- Children's Rights Clinic at University of Texas (Spring 2013)
- Pro bono representations for patent prosecution, family law, and immigration matters.