Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Key industry sectors
Kate Ergenbright joined Norton Rose Fulbright in 2016. As an associate in the Houston office, she is a member of the firm's dispute resolution and litigation group. Prior to joining the firm, Kate completed a one-year federal clerkship with the Honorable Edward C. Prado of the United States Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit.
JD, with high honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2015
BA, with highest honors, The University of Texas at Austin, 2012
While in law school, Kate was Editor in Chief of Volume 93 of the Texas Law Review and was selected as a member of the 2015 Chancellor's Honor Society and the Order of the Coif. She also served as a Teaching Quizmaster for the Legal Research & Writing Program and participated in the Supreme Court and Actual Innocence Clinic.
- Texas State Bar
- Won dismissal of a lawsuit filed by an individual taxpayer against the City of Houston and the Mayor of Houston contesting the November 2017 pension obligation bond election and the issuance of approximately $1 billion in pension obligation bonds.
- Defeated petition for review in the Supreme Court of Texas appealing the denial of a motion to vacate an arbitration award following full merits briefing.
- Obtained favorable settlement in defense of life insurance agent against breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims in a lawsuit filed in El Paso, Texas.
- Obtained favorable settlement for oil and gas company in breach of contract case against power utility company regarding disruption of service.
- State Bar of Texas
- Houston Young Lawyers Association