Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
Jerry Messina is a partner in Norton Rose Fulbright's New York office and focuses his practice on prosecuting patents and counseling clients on patent strategy. He successfully manages the patent portfolios of numerous domestic and foreign companies, and provides high-quality drafting and prosecuting of domestic, international and foreign national patent applications. He also counsels companies of all sizes on the validity and infringement of patents, including performing patent portfolio reviews and providing opinions to protect their products and services.
Jerry has extensive experience in a wide range of technologies, including electronic control systems, computer hardware and software, semiconductors, sensors, optics, telecommunications, and financial systems.
JD, cum laude, University of Wisconsin-Madison, 1990
BE, magna cum laude, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science, Stony Brook University, 1986
- New York State Bar
- US Patent & Trademark Attorney
- Managing preparation and prosecution of patents relating to autonomous driving, fuel injection, and braking, for an automotive supplier.
- Managing preparation and prosecution of utility and design patents relating to motors and gears, for an industrial automation company.
- Analyzing validity and infringement and rendering opinions for patents directed to sensors, electronic control circuits, and computer software.
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Patent prosecution: utility and design patents, The Legal 500, 2013 - 2015
- Author, "The America Invents Act and its Foreign Counterparts: Comparing the Meaning and Implications of Prior Art Across the United States, European and Japanese Patent Law Systems," Bloomberg BNA's Patent, Trademark & Copyright Journal, February 21, 2014.
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association