Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Corporate governance
- Private equity and venture capital
- Capital markets
- Debt capital markets
- Equity capital markets
Brandon Byrne is a partner in the Dallas office. Brandon advises clients with respect to a broad range of matters, including mergers and stock and asset acquisitions and divestitures (including cross-border transactions), SEC registered offerings and private placements of debt and equity securities, private equity investments, SEC reporting and compliance, stock exchange matters, corporate governance and board and board committee matters, commercial contracts, representations and warranties insurance, complex reorganizations and restructurings, conversions, and other transactional matters. Brandon has significant experience advising clients in numerous industries, including healthcare, technology, medical devices, marine transportation, oil and gas, engineering, temporary staffing, and consumer goods and services.
Prior to joining the Dallas office, Brandon clerked for the Honorable William J. Holloway, Jr., of the United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
JD, honors, University of Texas School of Law, 2008
BBA, summa cum laude, Accounting, Texas A&M University, 2005
During law school, Brandon was honored as a member of Order of the Coif and earned the Dean's Achievement Award for the highest grade in Corporations. Additionally, he was an associate editor on the Texas Law Review and was an associate director of the Legal Research Board. Brandon also graduated ranked number one from Texas A&M's accounting department.
Brandon is admitted to practice law in the state of Texas and is also admitted to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit.
- Texas State Bar
- Sale of privately held provider of SaaS, cybersecurity and vulnerability management technology.
- Acquisition by publicly traded manufacturer of privately held developer of cleaning solutions for residential and commercial use.
- Underwritten public offering (with exercise of over-allotment option) by publicly traded healthcare waste management provider of approximately $18 million.
- Strategic investment of approximately $35 million in leader in casino table games platforms and solutions.
- Acquisition of international manufacturer of mass spectrometry subsystems and components and liquid handling and lab automation components for approximately $271 million.
- Reorganization and $800 million initial public offering of common stock for oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Acquisition of privately held operator of surgical centers for approximately $65 million.
- Sale of distributor and building products manufacturer to major distributor of specialty building materials in the U.S.
- Merger of oil and gas exploration and production company in all-stock transaction valued at approximately $1.4 billion.
- Sale of privately held hospice and palliative care provider for approximately $120 million.
- Acquisition (by U.K. company) by merger of manufacturer of pneumatic, hydraulic, and electric motion solutions for approximately $200 million.
- Acquisition of majority interest in privately held national quick service restaurant chain.
- Acquisition/sale of portfolios of products for developer and manufacturer of specialty medical devices and surgical implants.
- Acquisition (by U.K. company) of manufacturer of industrial valves and flow control products for approximately $85 million.
- Acquisition of provider of comparative data and analytics and supply chain management solutions for academic medical centers and non-profit hospitals for approximately $390 million of cash and stock consideration.
- Private offering of $65 million of perpetual preferred stock in connection with acquisition of subsidiary of publicly traded (Australia) independent oil and gas company.
- Sale of assets pertaining to multiple freestanding outpatient imaging centers.
- Sale of assets pertaining to multiple urgent care centers.
- Sale of privately held crude oil pipeline company for approximately $133 million.
- Acquisition of substantially all of the assets of manufacturer of specialized equipment and aftermarket parts for the oil and gas industry for approximately $710 million.
- At-the-market public offering of $750 million of common units by publicly traded MLP.
- Offering of $175 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes by publicly traded provider of land contract drilling services.
- Sale of subsidiary of publicly traded oil and gas company for approximately $400 million.
- Acquisition of privately held operator of tank barges and tugboats for approximately $300 million.
- Sale of privately held mobility technology company specializing in digital services for flexible vehicle use.
- Offering of $550 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes by publicly traded oil and gas exploration and production company.
- Sale of privately held manufacturer of products for the oil, gas, mining, industrial, and municipal water markets for approximately $150 million.
- Acquisition of fleet of tank barges and inland towboats for approximately $68 million.
- Sale of healthcare architecture firm for approximately $16 million.
- Acquisition of fleet of barges and towboats and related assets for approximately $80 million.
- Acquisition of privately held organic juice and fruit-infused water company.
- Underwritten public offering (with exercise of over-allotment option) by publicly traded temporary staffing company of approximately $17 million of common stock.
- At-the-market public offering of approximately $12 million of common and preferred stock by publicly traded water resource management company.
- Sale of independent physician practice to regional hospital system in the then second-largest transaction of its kind.
- Acquisition of privately held rural hospital for approximately $4 million.
- Sale of assets of subsidiary of publicly traded tank barge operator for approximately $10 million.
- Private placement of preferred stock and common stock purchase warrants by water resource management company.
- Reorganization and initial public offering (secondary offering) of common stock of temporary staffing company.
- Hedge fund investments by one of the largest public pension plans in the United States.
- Purchase of assets relating to engine supply and repair business for approximately $12 million.
- Acquisition of privately held network security software company.
- Acquisition of privately held executive search and strategic marketing firm.
- Sale of privately held manufacturer of home products for approximately $22 million.
- Public offerings of preferred stock and depositary shares by publicly traded oil and gas company.
- Acquisition of publicly traded provider of outpatient kidney dialysis services for approximately $110 million.
- Public offering by publicly traded temporary staffing company of approximately $7 million of common stock.
- Offering of $250 million in aggregate principal amount of senior notes by publicly traded rent-to-own operator.
- Acquisition of apparel manufacturer for approximately $50 million.
- Sale of privately held wealth management firm for approximately $4 million.
- Private placement by publicly traded temporary staffing company of approximately $9 million of common stock.
- Acquisition of national provider of technology professionals specialized in leading software and data ecosystems for approximately $22 million.
- Acquisition of inland tank barge and towboat fleet moving petrochemicals, refined products, and crude oil for approximately $278 million.
- Sale of minority interest in privately held operator of emergency room facilities and centers.
- Acquisition of privately held data and analytics technology company in stock and cash transaction for approximately $40 million.
- Sale of privately held independent pharmacy benefit consulting firm for approximately $225 million.
- Acritas Star, Acritas, 2019 - 2021
- "Material Adverse Change Definitions After the U.S. Cooper Tire & Rubber Case," Association of Corporate Counsel, Corporate & Securities Law Committee
- State Bar of Texas
- Dallas Bar Association
- St. Monica Catholic Church, Catechist
- Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program, Volunteer Attorney
July 22, 2021
June 30, 2021
February 03, 2021