Norton Rose Fulbright US LLP
Related services and key industries
- Corporate, M&A and securities
- Private equity and venture capital
- Corporate governance
- Corporate finance
- Public and government finance
- Banking and finance
- Debt capital markets
Key industry sectors
Lior O. Nuchi represents multinational companies in initial public offerings, mergers and acquisitions, strategic alliances and venture capital financings. He also represents major investment banks in underwriting public offerings for technology companies, as well as a wide variety of private equity firms, financial sponsors and venture capital firms, family offices, non-institutional investors and universities in connection with their investments in, and acquisitions of, technology companies, fund formation, monetizing intellectual property and technology and commercial transactions.
Lior's clients are based in Silicon Valley, Israel, Europe, China, Taiwan, Korea and India and Lior has extensive experience in cross-border transactions in the technology industry, having practiced in Israel, Tokyo, Hong Kong and Taiwan in addition to the San Francisco Bay Area. Lior further assists technology companies and investors with respect to corporate governance matters and typically acts as principal outside counsel to his clients, focused on their most important legal needs. Lior's securities and corporate governance practice has included representing Boards of Directors and Committees of Independent Directors in connection with a wide variety of governmental and internal investigations.
Lior has extensive experience in intellectual property matters for technology companies and has led teams of intellectual property lawyers in litigating and settling major patent cases in Federal District Courts in California, Texas and Delaware and at the International Trade Commission in the US, as well as in various European jurisdictions such as England, Germany, France and the Netherlands. Lior has represented several major technology companies in formulating and implementing their intellectual property strategies by prosecuting strategic patents and via acquisitions of strategic patent portfolios. Lior is also active in the Privacy and Cybersecurity area and counsels clients on these issues on a regular basis with the assistance of his partners who are experts in the field.
As outside counsel to many corporations, Lior frequently advises on other legal matters important to the management team, including commercial transactions, equity plans, executive compensation, labor and employment matters, regulatory compliance, commercial disputes and structuring and managing international operations.
JD, New York University School of Law, 1987
BA, Columbia University, 1983
- California State Bar
- Lior has acted as company counsel or underwriters' counsel in over 60 public offerings by technology companies.
- Lior has represented the Buyer or Seller in over 200 merger and acquisition transactions in the technology sector, involving both publicly traded and privately held, venture-backed companies.
- Lior has acted as company counsel or investors' counsel in over 400 private placements of securities for technology companies.
- Lior has represented Mellanox Technologies, ASUSTek Computer, Rakuten, Viber, Wix and AudioCodes as defendants in patent litigation, including cases brought by Broadcom against Mellanox and ASUSTek at the International Trade Commission and at the US District Court for the Northern District in California, where defendants were able to settle on very favorable terms after winning at trial or pursuant to a Motion for Summary Judgement.
September 26, 2022
September 23, 2020