In an increasingly regulated age, your business requires a practice with experience across all areas of competition and antitrust work. As part of our global competition team, we offer an integrated service to the world’s leading corporations and financial institutions throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia and Africa.
“‘Rapidly growing expertise in antitrust work’ marks the practice out as ‘strong and moving up’. The team secured a number of significant market investigation instructions, and was active on the merger control side” Legal 500 UK, 2015
Our London team of competition lawyers provides the full range of antitrust services to clients from our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. A range of prominent clients regularly depend on our services for both big-ticket merger control work and non-transactional matters, including competition litigation.
With in-house experience of governments and competition authorities across the globe, we maintain a deep understanding of local, EU and international competition regulation and offer our clients a tailored service. We also act as regular counsel to a number of ministries and regulatory bodies throughout the globe, strengthening our relationships with the world’s key stakeholders in competition law.
Our areas of work include
- cartel investigations
- competition compliance
- competition litigation
- market investigations
- mergers, acquisitions and joint ventures
- public procurement
- state aid
- utilities and sector regulation
- WTO and international trade.
Our recent work
- Acting for a financial institution in ongoing litigation in the European and UK courts concerning whether interchange fees set by Mastercard and Visa are in breach of competition law.
- Acting for a major oil & gas company in antitrust litigation concerning allegations that various companies fixed natural gas prices.
- Defending a European utilities company in UK High Court litigation arising from the European Commission’s 2008 decision that established a cartel had operated in Europe in relation to paraffin waxes. The litigation was one of the biggest private competition actions brought before the English courts.
- Advising a manufacturing company in class actions field in two different provinces concerning alleged price-fixing conduct related to gypsum board.
- Acting for ABX Logistics in connection with ongoing freight-forwarding antitrust litigation.
- Assisting several pharmaceutical companies with their interactions with the French Competition authority to prevent litigation against the revision of their allocation and distribution schemes.
- Acting for a global telecommunications company, in respect of follow-on damages claims for cartel conduct arising from the smart chip cartel decision by the European Commission.
Awards and accolades
- “Global Elite” Top 20, 2014, 2015, 2016 GCR
- Competition/regulatory team of the year, 2012, The Lawyer Awards