Our London intellectual property team advises on the acquisition, exploitation, use and enforcement of intellectual property rights throughout the UK and across the globe. We provide cost effective advice to clients on an international basis, advising on both domestic and cross-border transactions and disputes throughout Europe, the United States, Canada, Latin America, Asia, Australia, Africa and the Middle East, working closely with our international IP teams.
We have particular experience across our key industry sectors: financial institutions; energy; infrastructure, mining and commodities; transport; technology and innovation; and life sciences and healthcare. A number of our professionals have advanced scientific degrees to complement their practical experience and combine deep industry and technical knowledge with skilled legal understanding.
We also provide strategic advice to established and developing companies. We have substantial experience in litigating all classes of IP in many different courts and tribunals worldwide. We have been involved in a number of mergers and acquisitions, public offerings, restructurings, insolvency proceedings and competition enquiries.
Our areas of work include
- patents and designs
- trademarks and brands
- copyright and database rights
- trade secrets and confidential information
- patent and trademark prosecution and portfolio management
- IP audits and due diligence
- IP litigation
- false advertising and unfair competition
- technology transfer
- commercialisation of IP including strategic advice
- license, supply, distribution and related commercial agreements
- branding, advertising, marketing, packaging and labelling strategies
- franchising law
- entertainment law
- IP support on corporate and financing transactions
- data protection and data privacy